Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Console Latch?

Papa

Corvette
95 Dk Red/Blk Ragtop
I discovered the Latch mechanism on the console cover appears to be missing a return spring... tends to pop open on bumps. I havent removed anything yet to see if there is some broken plastic as well but wondered if anyone had encountered this and if they had a "quick fix" Did a search and didnt find any old threads...and the weight of my arm keeps it closed ;) . Will be checking Ecklers and MAM shortly.

Thanks
Papa:w

Mine is somewhat different (different year) but I thought a pic would help you with a link.

http://www.corvettecentral.com

yb.dll

Perfect!

Thanks Jon...Now I know what I should see....form the construciton I'll bet the plastic is the culprit, possibly causing spring to fall out!

Papa said:
Thanks Jon...Now I know what I should see....form the construciton I'll bet the plastic is the culprit, possibly causing spring to fall out!

Don't bet too much. The metal spring often breaks right in the middle. I bought a new spring from my local Chevy dealer parts dept about 2 years ago. They may still be available through GM.
Not difficult to replace but I think I had to remove the top cover from the lid in order to do it.

Papa, the one you have is different from earlier models shown but replacement parts are available from the catalogues.

When I first adopted my car I'd get a list of things and order them all at once to save shipping costs. I feel certain there are a few things you can use on the old girl. The spending has only begun when you first buy an old vette!

Far better than wasting money on practical things.

Papa said:
I discovered the Latch mechanism on the console cover appears to be missing a return spring... tends to pop open on bumps. I havent removed anything yet to see if there is some broken plastic as well but wondered if anyone had encountered this and if they had a "quick fix" Did a search and didnt find any old threads...and the weight of my arm keeps it closed ;) . Will be checking Ecklers and MAM shortly.

Thanks

I didn't feel like going through the hassle looking for the part. A small piece of spring steel and a couple of rivets and away ya go. :upthumbs

How well I know

tlong said:
Papa, the one you have is different from earlier models shown but replacement parts are available from the catalogues.

When I first adopted my car I'd get a list of things and order them all at once to save shipping costs. I feel certain there are a few things you can use on the old girl. The spending has only begun when you first buy an old vette!

Far better than wasting money on practical things.

One of my other rides is a Harley...only trouble now will be deciding which "non-practical" thing to buy when :D.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom