Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Convertable Hard Tops

entropy454

Corvette
1969 Fathom Green 427 4 speed coupe
I've noticed in at least the early convertables, some have an accessory hard top. Is there any difference in the car if it was purchased with one from the factory to one that was not? Can anyone tell me more about the hard top for a convertable and its history?
thanks

The optional factory hardtop was available from 1956-1975; from 1956-1967, you could order it instead of the soft top at no extra cost ("hardtop-only" cars). :thumb

My 69 had both hard and convertible tops.Although you didn't have to I always unbolted and removed the vert top completely .This allowed it to stretch out a little.The process was a little bit of a pain.

It was amazing how much more rigid the car became with the hard top.

...Is there any difference in the car if it was purchased with one from the factory to one that was not?...

Some potential buyers would pay an additional amount for the optional hard top with a convertible. It's nice to have a two top car. C07 was the option code. The top was fiberglass and painted body color. Interior trim matched the car's interior color. Option C08 added a vinyl cover to the hard top.

:)

Can you still purchase a hardtop for an older car if it only came from the factory as a convertable ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom