Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Converter Lockup problem ?

Tatartot,

I remember our firsts "Chats" .. my young Jedi, you are growing in leaps and bounds. Keep coming back, keep asking questions NEVER believe you know it all, and above all be willing to share with others when the time comes.

Proud to have you as a Corvette owner and esp. an L81'er You represent your generation in grand style young Tatartot ;)

Jerry is an excellent person to learn from and a great guy all around, as are many of the people here ;)

Thank you

Thank you Gerry, and rare, (or mr. rare to me) and everyone else for all your support and help. I really appreciate the patients and detailed descriptions you all give me. Yes I have grown in my corvette knowledge over the years (3 long ones!). I have the L-81 registry to thank for a lot of my "new" knowledge, and im sure there will be more knowledge to come. I hope one day I can contribute also to this wonderful corvette family. And I would much reather represent my generation in a corvette and have people not respect it, then represent it in a honda with people all over it! Thanks again all.

-Tatortot

GerryLP,

I was printing out yoru instructions so I could try to perform the check and I realized I didnt quite understand something. I was a bit confused what you ment by this

"With the diagnostic code display lead grounded AND the ignition in "ON" "

What do you I have to do to ground it?

-Tatortot

-Tatortot'

I think what Gerry is refering to here is to check computer codes by counting the check engine light flashes you will need to ground or short together terminals "D & E" on the plug under the ashtray.

BudD
:bu :w

Tatortot,

I agree with Bud. I think that is what is meant. I can provide you with a manual page number tonight. I had to work today, and I don't have my manual with me (I don't take out the car when it rains anymore...:L).

Tatortot,

I paraphrased for you the isolation check to determine if the electronic control module (ECM) is at fault if you're having problems with the TCC.

In the L81 shop manual you'll find this information in page 6E1-37 on the Transmission Converter Control paragraph. This will help you isolate the ECM side.

"Jedi Master, hummm, very kind with words he is" (use the Yoda voice -it is more fun...:L).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom