Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

convertible top and frame

ggaagg57

Corvette
68,502 convt. ,- &81,4speed ,80 4 speed, 70 454
what should i have to pay for the frame of a 65 convertible top? and what years will work on a 65. new and used if anyone know,

About $450 to $800 for a frame, depending on the condition. I think they're all the same from 63-67. You'll also need hold-down hardware for the rear deck, and of course, a new vinyl fabric top.Also new weatherstripping if the top you purchase needs it.

ggaagg57;

As I recall I've seen new reproduction replacement frames listing around the $1850.00. Weatherstrip kits, around $200.00. Convertible top around $185 to $210. Buy a used frame, cost will depend on condition obviously. I would concur with WayneC's estimate. I've also seen used listings over $1000.00 as well. So cheaper frame, add dollars for restoration work welding, painting, etc. Average labor to install new top onto frame $400.00 (at least that was what mine cost me when I owned a mid year Vert).

Steve

Two years ago I bought a new top and weather strip for my '64. Also new bow pads and tack strips. Total bill including installation was a little over $800. Add that on top of the frame you find. Good Luck!

i found one for 1400.00 everything, hardware and top and weather stripping. i have a hard top so not in a hurry to buy it, there were a lot of bows and hardware at expo in tenn. i can buy the cloth top for around 250 or so and can install it myself . so i will just keep looking til i find what i need . thanks for the reply george

top on the way

coming up from tampa . said to be in good condistion got it for 750.00 he also said he had a lot of vette parts for sell ,he is going to send me a list.

Actually there is a difference. There are some other minor things, but the most notable is in the bows of the top. On 63-early65 the front bow was round and had screws holding the pad. On late 65-67 the bow was rectangular and had a taching strip for the pad. Both will work on any car though.

got top today

the bows are in great shape , rubber good, will need new top , car is white , what color do u think would look best, white, black or tan? george

Does anyone know where I can pick up a top frame for a 65 vert I don't neeed the top just the frame.

gdh top for 64

the top i was told about is in atlanta. email me and i will email you back the number . he wanted 1400 said it was in really good shape . ggaagg57@aol.com. george

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom