Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Convertible top headaches

hey Chris, it looks from the pictures that the rear bow is touching the paint. That would leave you with no room for the weatherstripping..My Vette (with the weatherstipping off)has about a 1inch gap allthe way around.Hope this helps.

Thanks Craig. We were just playing with it about five minutes ago getting the last bit of hardware in place and functional. I have not had the rods and handle functional since I have owned the car. Nothing I could not cure with some "precision" bent hangers.

The rear bar is very bendable. I am sure now that it did indeed get bent out of whack in transit along the way. I have had it in the attic, shop floor, on top of the 90 TPI engine, then, in the house garage against the wall. I will be honest, I actually ran into it a couple of times with the nose of the 90 when I went too far in the house garage. I ended up putting a block and sack of potting soil to hold it in place to keep me from going too far.

Anyway, thanks to everybody. You are keeping me on track here.

Next week, if all goes well, it will finally have a decent top for the first time in who knows how many years--decades?

Thanks Tyla,

The fellow is scheduled to be here Thursday morning. I called in for some pt from work, and we will see how it goes. I will be here with him every step of the way so I can learn, and help with anything that might come up.

Yep, I am whimping out, but after I watch him do this one, I will be good to go on my own.

I hope to get it on, and some nice pics uploaded by Thursday night.

Best $250 I ever spent!

Well, the top is on! The fellow was awesome. He was here all day working his butt off. There is much more to this than I thought, especially since my top was in such poor shape, needed to be blasted, coated, etc. He had to start from scratch. He said the strange bow in the rear was fine, and he was right. It is sitting perfect now.

I still have to install the side weather strips and adjust the windows to fit.

Wow, the top looks great!! I can't wait to see more pics after baby gets her new shoes :D.

Barb :w

Fantastic, Chris. Any word on the wheels?

Tom Bryant said:
Fantastic, Chris. Any word on the wheels?

Good news there. They should be getting the centers welded in now, or in the next day or so, and out to me in the next week or so.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom