Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Convertible Top Help

P

parkercoman

Ok here is the Question: I have a 1991 Polo Green Convertible with a Tan Top with the Plastic Back Window. It the original top and it has seen better times. I have been looking around and I cant find a Replacement with Glass for a 1991. One place says the Top for my car will fit from 86 to 93. and then it says it will fit 94 to 96 as well but it is plastic back window. If I look at the top for Newer models 94 t0 96 with the Glass Window but it does not say it will fit older Models 86 to 93.
Will the Newer Tops with Glass work on a 1991
;help

Sorry I can't answer your question. My C4 was a '94 and had the glass window in place of the plastic found on earlier models.

...But, I can bump your inquiry to the top of the heap with my reply and fix the thread title so that it will show up in searches.

Good luck with your search and welcome to the Corvette Action Center!
:wJane Ann

Thanks you Jane Ann,
You dont know how I felt after posting this Thread and then seeing my mistake. i tried and tried to find a way to fix it. Also thanks for the bump and helping with a great Forum.

Chris

It's the holiday I guess... everyone has OD'd on the 4th of July. :chuckle

Should see more folks checking in as the holiday wears off. I wonder if GMJunkie could shed any light on the subject?

:wJane Ann

Will the Newer Tops with Glass work on a 1991
;help

The short answer is YES, they will work. BUT you need to buy and install a "conversion kit" that Chevrolet does NOT sell anymore. There is one particular vendor on ebay that sometimes advertises a glass window top for 86-93 Corvettes and they will include THEIR version of Chevrolet's conversion kit with it. I contacted a bunch of local shops that specialaze in convertible top replacments in my area and not one of them was willing to install a glass window top on my wife's 93 because they said they "had problems" with the conversion kit. I have seen the glass window tops on a few 86-93 Corvettes and the owners had nothing bad to say about the conversion. A couple of them bought their cars that way and were suprised to learn that their top was not factory installed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom