Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Coolant Flush

kfehling

Corvette
1996 Collector Edition
Does anybody know where I can find detailed step-by-step instructions on how to do a coolant flush on a LT1 C-4? I am a novice mechanic but would like to give this a try so I would need pretty detailed directions.

I see your located in Santa Rosa. I am down the road in Sonoma. I have a Haynes your welcome to borrow if you like. Shud be enough info in there to get you thru the project. I also have the factory manuals for 95.

Let me know if your interested?

Rabbit

I found a easy way to flush the LT1 system, if U look in the coolant resivior, the one with the radiator cap , look inside and U will see where the coolant pumps into that tank , it is the bottom little hose and the top hose is the one going to the overflow tank up by the headlight on the passenger side.Disconnet the bottom little hose going to the tank and hook up some sort of hose to it so it runs to the ground, I used a section of 3 foot 1/2'' heater hose, cap off the nipple where u took the hose off of, now u can run the car and with the radiater cap off u can use your water hose and keep fresh water running into the tank and and the circulated water will exit the hose on the ground, run the car until it gets to operating temp so t-stat opens, then run it till the water is clear coming out of the drain hose,bam Ur done, I just did this to mine and it worked out great, pumped out alot of rust and junk,even though i only have 26K miles on the car, I think sitting and not running the vehicle does more harm then running it for many miles. Hope this helps,, HaPpY MoToRiNg:beer:upthumbs

Hey FordNoMore!
I'm using this idea right now to flush my cooling system. Nice and smooth. Works like a charm. I'm running the water from the tap in the house so I'm feeding it hot water. Since I'm doing my tstat I also removed the orignal and am temporarily running it with no tstat to flush it. So the coolant is moving all the way through the system as soon as the car is fired up.
Good Idea, thanks, it's working :D
Graham

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom