Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Coolant Tablets...Anyone Use Them?

R

RubyDropTop

Hi - Anyone use the GM coolant tablets that they want you to put in after a coolant flush? Just curious.

Little brown tablets? They are supposed to be lube for the water pump. I think that they are also supposed to help fight corrosion in the system.

Mike

Yes, Mike - those are the ones. I was just wondering if they are commonly used by other owners. I had not read of them being lube for the water pump, that's interesting.

About a year ago I flushed my cooling system and did purchase the tablets at the GM dealer and went ahead and put them in. Curious if this is common practice or not. ??

The tablets are called "supplement" and are required on caddilac's. I do believe they have some stop leak properties as well. I was having a corrosion problem on my dirt bike once and used one --seemed to work pretty well. I have not put any on my vette yet as I feel if its doin ok leave it alone.

put 'em in there !!

I just put a new radiator in my 96 and obviously in the process changed the coolant....put six of these tablets in there as they are also recommended for the vette !!....some tips when/if you do it:
Six tablets is a lot of solid material to put in a cooling system. The recommendation and what I did is to first crush the tablets into powder (leave them in the original package of six and whack 'em good with a hammer, the package wil hold up and theya re almost all powder after that). Then I pre-mixed them with coolant, about 2 pints at least and poured this muddy (!) suspension directly into the radiator (recommended by GM !!). Otherwise you'll never get the recommended six tablets into the system. This worked very well and I have no prob's..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom