Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Copy of the build sheet?

ducster900

Corvette
1973 Stingray Convertible
Is there any way to buy a copy of the build sheet for my car?

It would be nice to know what it looked like and the level of equipment the day the car left the factory.

I´ve heard that it should (could) be stuck on top of the gasoline tank but after 35 years it can´t be that much left...

Is there any way to buy a copy of the build sheet for my car?

It would be nice to know what it looked like and the level of equipment the day the car left the factory.

I´ve heard that it should (could) be stuck on top of the gasoline tank but after 35 years it can´t be that much left...

I believe, for a small fee, you can get copies of documentation through the National Corvette Museum.

Take a look at this link. I did this and get a copy of the original window sticker. I also have my original buildsheet which I found on top of the Gas Tank Driver's Side. There are buildsheets but unfortunately the older the Vette the more difficult it becomes. More then likely if you don't find it on or in your Vette you may never get one. Have you searched your Vette for the buildsheet yet?

There's nothing available for pre-77 cars unfortunately, unless your car was originally imported into Canada.

Having said that, '72 and up are pretty easy to figure out using the VIN and trim tag information.

The fifth character in your VIN will tell you what type of engine your car came with.

There's nothing available for pre-77 cars unfortunately, unless your car was originally imported into Canada.

Having said that, '72 and up are pretty easy to figure out using the VIN and trim tag information.

The fifth character in your VIN will tell you what type of engine your car came with.

In 1972 the 5th digit varies:

"K" is the base 350 ci, 200 hp engine,

"L" is the "LT1" 350 ci, 255 hp engine,

"W" is the "LS5" 454 ci, 270 hp engine.

...Is there any way to buy a copy of the build sheet for my car?...

No. The build sheet was original to your specific Corvette. Be aware that there are providers who will, for a fee, provide any Corvette documentation you want, none of which is original. They rely upon you to provide information about your car to them, then print up what you send them.

Some 79-81 owners may be able to obtain a copy of the dealer invoice for thier cars from Allied-Vaughn following the links here on the forum. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/infosearch/index.php?cmd=area
Most owners of Bowling Green built cars can obtain copies of their build sheets from the NCM. Records for the earlier cars do not exist.

Your best bet for original documentation would be to attempt to locate previous owners and determine whether any of them might still have paperwork for the car.

FWIW: your build sheet may never have been on the top of the tank. At some point during the '73 model year, the format of the tank stickers changed from portrait to landscape. The landscape forms where too wide to fit the top of the tank so they started taping them to the front of the fuel tank. 1981 production shown.
scan0019.jpg

Note landscape tank sticker taped to the front side of the tank.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom