Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corsa Touring On C5

jrizzuto said:
I guess everyone has different tastes. MY car has an issue, since if so many have Corsas, I cant imagine everyone actually liking the backfiring....

I have the Coras Pro Series TPIS headers and Random Teck Cats. That combo sounds mean & nasty and makes great backfires.

Norman Clemmer said:
I have the Coras Pro Series TPIS headers and Random Teck Cats. That combo sounds mean & nasty and makes great backfires.

How hard was it to get the TPIS headers on there? I read on their website that said the C5 headers would need welding and cutting. Is that true?

Edmond said:
How hard was it to get the TPIS headers on there? I read on their website that said the C5 headers would need welding and cutting. Is that true?

The TPIS headers and the Random Tech High Flow cats is a bolt on operation...no welding or cutting at all if you go for that combo. As far as how hard it was to get the headers on, my boys and I did it ourselves. We took our time and it was not difficult. It was only about a 32 beer project.
Norm

Norman Clemmer said:
The TPIS headers and the Random Tech High Flow cats is a bolt on operation...no welding or cutting at all if you go for that combo. As far as how hard it was to get the headers on, my boys and I did it ourselves. We took our time and it was not difficult. It was only about a 32 beer project.
Norm

Norm,

That's pretty cool. Was there a noticeable improvement over the exhaust manifolds? (In case you haven't noticed, I'm really jonesin' for a C5, hopefully this year!):D

Edmond said:
Norm,

That's pretty cool. Was there a noticeable improvement over the exhaust manifolds?

I did not dino it after the header/cat install but there was a significant improvement in the feel of seat of the pants and it got a lot louder. Since then I stuck on a super charger and that really made it loud...almost too loud, but the thing I like about the Corsa's is they are still quiet when your just driving along and not getting on it.
Norm

Exhaust Noise

I have two brothers with C5s and they each installed the same Borla exhaust on diffrent cars. The one with the newer car is much louder than the older car. You try and figure it out. The two exhaust systems have the same parts number on the box but one of them is much louder...........

Guana

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom