Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corsa Touring On C5

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Anyone had experience with the Corsa Touring Exhaust System on their C5? I recently installed the Borla Stinger System and it's a little "too" agressive sounding for my taste.

Remo:cool

Wow, Remo, I didn't know anything could sound "too agressive" on a Vette. :D

I also have Borlas with an "X" pipe configuration, and I think it sounds nicely intimidating- especially for the backwards-cap wearing teenagers in their Hondas with fart can exhausts. :L

-Patrick

Remo said:
Anyone had experience with the Corsa Touring Exhaust System on their C5? I recently installed the Borla Stinger System and it's a little "too" agressive sounding for my taste.

Your exhaust sounds perfect, leave it alone :cool.

:w
Guy

Remo said:

I thought you loved the exhaust on "our" car.

Getting it Just Right

Patrick said:
Wow, Remo, I didn't know anything could sound "too agressive" on a Vette. :D

I also have Borlas with an "X" pipe configuration, and I think it sounds nicely intimidating- especially for the backwards-cap wearing teenagers in their Hondas with fart can exhausts. :L

-Patrick

Patrick,

When you get to be my age there's a fine line between "too" agressive and "just" right. I also installed a Corsa X-pipe to cool down that "50's" style popping sound on deceleration. The system is pretty nice but it does get a little loud on WOT.

Age, Remo, is merely a state of mind. You are as old (or young) as you perceive yourself to be. Now, go blow the doors off some ricer punk and remove a few revolutions about the sun from the personal perceptions of your age. ;)

-Patrick

Patrick said:
Age, Remo, is merely a state of mind. You are as old (or young) as you perceive yourself to be. Now, go blow the doors off some ricer punk and remove a few revolutions about the sun from the personal perceptions of your age. ;)

-Patrick

All right sonny. Now let's see where did I put my cain? - Remo:cool

Remo said:
....The system is pretty nice but it does get a little loud on WOT.

You do WOT with Paula in the car? I thought not - leave it alone ;).

Guy

We have it on ours. Good throaty sound when you're getting on it, not to loud when you're cruising.

For some it is probably not loud enough but for us it's Great. :upthumbs

Hey Remo........come for a ride with me at the Cruise Fest and you may think your exhaust is a little timid :D LGM long tube headers and a Z06 Ti exhaust sounds pretty cool with a 427 breathing thru them :_rock

Brett

Roadster Fan said:
Hey Remo........come for a ride with me at the Cruise Fest and you may think your exhaust is a little timid :D LGM long tube headers and a Z06 Ti exhaust sounds pretty cool with a 427 breathing thru them :_rock

Brett

Hey Brett - missed you at Carlisle this year. I was looking forward to seeing and hearing the beast. But you know how us laid back New England Puritans are - Low key - just under the radar.

Remo said:
Hey Brett - missed you at Carlisle this year. I was looking forward to seeing and hearing the beast.

Not as much as I missed being there and showing you guys :cry

Brett

Remo said:
But you know how us laid back New England Puritans are - Low key - just under the radar.

Er, Remo, I have a sneaking feeling that if the original New England Puritans had seen you tooling around Salem in your QS 'vert 6-speed, there might just have been a new chapter in the witch-hunts of the era. :L

Perhaps you should tone down that Borla exhaust. Of course, they'd have to catch you first.

-Patrick

Remo said:
Hey Brett - missed you at Carlisle this year. I was looking forward to seeing and hearing the beast. But you know how us laid back New England Puritans are - Low key - just under the radar.

Low Key? At WOT?! :L

Don't take 'em off until I can hear 'em.

Tammy

I happen to like the sound of the corsa touring. A buddy of mine has them on his car and it sounded great both before and after he had headers installed.

I recommend you to go to a local car show or a corvette club meet...I bet there is someone who has the corsa touring locally to you for you to hear.

Although I dig the sound of the Stingers I couldn't live with it everyday. I came very close many times to buying pre owned sets of guys locally that were removing them....Its a great sounding exhaust but kind of loud over time...

I almost bought corsa tourings several times as takeoffs for guys trading in the corvettes at very good prices.... but eventually figured the lightweight and slightly louder (than stock C5) titanium Z06 mufflers are already on the car so what the hell.

Good luck in whatever you decide but fwiw I think the corsa touring with an x pipe is a good way to go...(btw my last corvette C5 (1999 ) had corsa indys and although I loved them ..after about a year I got tired of the noise.

I didn't have the x pipe and I thought that would have smoothed out the idle but I never got around to it before selling the car...

If you go for the Corsa either touring or Indy's...I'd suggest an x pipe too

MsSchroder said:
Low Key? At WOT?! :L

Don't take 'em off until I can hear 'em.

Tammy

Don't worry, Tammy - if Remo takes them off, he agreed they will go on my car :cool. Why am I trying to talk him out of it ? :D

Guy

Guy said:
Don't worry, Tammy - if Remo takes them off, he agreed they will go on my car :cool. Why am I trying to talk him out of it ? :D

Guy

Good question!
I think what he should do instead is to swap them for a real sweet stock Z06 exhaust. I know just the one :D

MsSchroder said:
Good question!
I think what he should do instead is to swap them for a real sweet stock Z06 exhaust. I know just the one :D

Are you two conspiring to set me up?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom