Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corsa vs Borla

peterd

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
What's are the differences between Corsa and Borla exhaust's ???

I have a Borla on my C5 and I'm looking at a c6 with a Corsa exhaust. I like the way my Borla sounds - just "throaty" enough, and I wanted to hear from someone how they compare

thanks

I have a Borla on my C5 and I'm looking at a c6 with a Corsa exhaust. I like the way my Borla sounds - just "throaty" enough, and I wanted to hear from someone how they compare

thanks

It depends on which system of either brand that you install, both Corsa and Borla offer quiet and loud versions. I would say that the quality of the two are equal. I have had my stingers for 9 years with no failures and I love the sound and looks. If I were buying a catback system now (9 years ago Corsa didn't offer a throaty enough version for me, but I believe they do now), I would let the decision be based on price and tip preferences. Corsa's tiger shark tips sure do look good. Good luck with either choice. :)

I have had Borla Stingers on a C5 6-speed, as well as on two C6 6-speeds. Love them! I am not a fan of Corsa. No insults intended, but I think they sound like a motorboat. It's all a matter of taste, though, as there are a lot of them out there!

Elaine

Borla Performance Industries - YouTube

Corsa Performance Exhaust - Sounds

Go to these links and get sample sounds from each brand. Depending on your computer speakers, you can get a good comparison going. It will not be the same as next to the car, but at least it's a start.

Neither brand should be put down, it's a matter of taste. There are a ton of both out there.

Chuck M

Do you belong to a local Corvette club?
Are there Corvette shows in your area?

Get the other local Corvette people and listen to their cars - surely some of them will have changed out the exhaust.
Find the one you like and get the version - both Borla and Corsa make different exhaust versions - then go from there.

Like art, exhaust system sounds are what 'you' like no what other people think.

Like art, exhaust system sounds are what 'you' like, not what other people think.

That's a tough one Tuna. I've put exhausts on and didn't realize how lame they sounded until somebody pointed it out. I changed it out after they told me it sounded like crap.

You need opinions on this add-on.

There's nothing like somebody telling us our car sounds awesome!!!

To me Corvettes are "shared" experiences when it comes to customizing.

Chuck M

I have the Corsa Sport catback X pipe system on my Grand Sport and never get tired of the melodious sounds that eminate from the car at idle all the way up through 6 grand on the tach. Very nice! No drone in the cabin at 80 mph on up either......I'm a how's it sound guy on the Vette and the Harley's when I had them.......I don't think you can go wrong with either system and I do recommend the catback X pipe to add to the fun when you do make your choice.......:thumb

You need opinions on this add-on.

Chuck M

Opinions are one thing but actually hearing the exhaust at work is what it takes to make the right decision for your car and ear. I don't mean just listening to it in the parking lot either but driving the car and then following the car around to make sure it sends out the sound that you want others to hear (can't get that from the driver's seat). That's a lot of work and it means finding people with the stuff already installed and getting them to let you experience the system fully. Or, going to Borla and Corsa (or whatever) and taking their test cars out for a drive. Anything else is a guess and exhaust systems ain't cheap.

Finally, do you want that new exhaust system to just sound good or should it actually improve HP at the rear wheels.

The last after market exhaust I installed on a car was Corsa on my 1992 C4. I listened to several and rode in a few before making my decision. Decided Corsa was the way to go - back then, Corsa only offered one version for the late C4. Turned out to be a good choice. The kids in my neighborhood called it the "loud car" yet it was quiet while cruising and didn't resonate inside at crusing speeds. It got loud when it needed to and on top of that, it added 22 RWHP (I dyno'ed it before and after to make sure the exhaust did what I wanted it to both in sound and performace.). Btw, it was really nice to listen to my car scream all the way to 6000 on the dyno.

I have Corsa Sports on my '05 A4 coupe, and there was a bit of "motorboating" with them and my resonated x-pipe...until I added long tubes. It sounds very good and muscular when driving normally, but it roars like a race car when dropping the hammer. No motorboating with headers! Borlas sound good as well, but they are just a tad too raspy for me.

SORRY - Forgot ta mention the longtube headers on mine...

00MillenniumYellowLS6RoadsterLGM-1.jpg~original

Thanks, but I don't need pictures...I ain't from Missouri!

I just purchased an 06 convertible with six speed manual which has Flowmaster exhaust. I assume when you talk the computer control valves in the exhaust that is a Z06 feature and would not be found on my car. Big change going from C4 to C6, already in storage, think spring!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks

After err driving my C6 with the Corsa Sport for a few weeks now I think I like the Corsa better than my C5 with the Borla. The Corsa sounds a little more "even" although not quite as "throaty" as the Borla exhaust.

Or or maybe it's just the car........... So much tighter (gotta love that Z51 package) and quicker

Preference of the owner of the car !!! Nothing wrong with either company...I went with Borla type S...:thumb

I just installed a Borla S-Type II axleback exhaust on my 12 Coupe. It finally sounds like a Corvette should- throaty rumble but not overpowering, like the ATAK might have been. Others who have purchased the Borla Touring stated that it was not really enough of a bump from stock. The S Type-II is kind of the mid-point of the Borla family.

My installer, who is a BB retailer and a speed shop owner, said that he thought the Borla actually sounded better than the Corsa's. Throatier growl than Corsa's. Both tech's offered the same opinion.

So far, I like the addition of this system to my car.

I can personally vouch for Borla's awesome Customer Service and Warranty protection. My retailer shipped my Borla system and a part was damaged in shipping due to rough handling by the shipper. The retailer had the Borla factory rep on the line in a three way conference call within five minutes and the new part was shipped the next day. The Borla folks could not have been more accommodating and responsive. I had heard this about their Customer Service and their Million Mile Warranty Protection.

Did I mention the price difference in the two brands ? Using my online supplier as an example, the Corsa generally runs about 15-20% higher depending upon which exhaust system you purchase. It is just one more metric to factor in when deciding upon the purchase. I do not think you can make a bad decision by choosing either of the companies products but the price difference factored into my decision as well as acoustic performance and warranty protection and support. YMMV

Last edited:
It's definatley a personal preference. After driving my C6 last year I like the Corsa better than Borla. Maybe it's just going from the C5 to C6

I'm just looking forward to waking it up and taking it out for a ride soon after this endless winter here in NY

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom