Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Buyers Tour - NCM

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
FYI:

In the past, the Corvette Assembly Plant would take new buyers in to the plant and let them watch their car being build on a case by case basis. You had to know who to call at the plant and they would try to make it work for you. GM and the Corvette Plant worked real hard to support the new Corvette buyer. The problem is word got out and more requests were coming in that the plant personnel could handle. The problem is they really wanted to handle it.

So, this process has been formalized and handed over to the National Corvette Museum to manage. It's called the "Covertte Buyers Tour". Check out http://store.corvettemuseum.com/services/buyertour.asp for more information.

I bring this up because I was at a Car show in my home town of Mustang, OK this weekend - the city name gives you a good idea about the main sponsor of the show and the type of car that filled most of the show area. My wife and I had the chance to talk with a new GT500 owner. My wife told him about our experience with Museum delivery or our Corvettes and he told of his experience and frustration with F@#$ and the Rustang plant. Seems that F@#$ and the Rustang plant do not offer such things even for limited editions like the GT500. In fact they do not allow plant tours of any kind. When the guy offered to send the plant a camera and have them shoot pictures of his car, they refused that also.

Nice to know that GM, Chevrolet, the Corvette Plant and the NCM go the extra mile to provide new owners with this wonderful experience.

That is all.

:cool I had museum delivery and even the wife enjoyed the tour of the plant and museum.I do not live to far away so we go as often as we can; not as often as I would like but...... I highly recomend museum delivery or the NCM Xperience,my presenter was Kelly Boca,nothing but good!!!:upthumbs

As I've heard many times before, the Corvette isn't just a car - it's a LIFESTYLE.
vetwave_C5magred.gif
And I'm happy to say it's a lifestyle that GM, the Corvette Assembly Plant, and the NCM support!

:w Jane Ann

Corvettes are living breathing things with feelings.Heck they took me down and put me to work on the production line for a day.At the time 70% of the workers were women and they got it right.You really felt that everyone at BG was hard at work building the best in quality for US!

I've been to the NCM a few times and I've always seen at least one person there who was taking their tour/delivery. I had heard about it before, but once I actually saw it happen, I knew I had to do that one day.

My first two vettes were bought used, but number three is definately going to be an R8C.

I had also heard about the posibility of seeing the car built, but with the "they will try to do it if they can" situation, I was doubtful I would get that. I am VERY EXCITED to hear that this has been formalized.

And if anybody is reading this who has never been, but is considering the trip; keep in mind that you can't give any more sincere advice that what you do yourself. - I have an 11 hour drive to get to BG, but it is definately worth it. I'll be making my 4th trip there in May. (Hopefully number 5 will be in August of '08 to pick up my new vette.)

"Corvette Says It All," and the best experience for any car enthusiast is to visit the NCM and Bowling Green assembly plant. :upthumbs

Mrs Zippy and I are going to the Museum tomorow for the C3 Extravaganza. Hope to meet other CAC members there. :)

museum delivery

I just acquired a 2001 Dark Bowling Green Coupe from the original owner. He had it delivered to the Museum. The car has the tag in the door jam indicating this Is there a way to determine how many of the 440 green cars where delivered there?

my new 2001

I just acquired a 2001 Dark Bowling Green Coupe from the original owner. He had it delivered to the Museum. The car has the tag in the door jam indicating this Is there a way to determine how many of the 440 green cars where delivered there?
Thanks

We did the Museum delivery on April 9, 2007 to pick up our Ron Fellows Z06.

Absolutely fantastic! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom