Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette C5R for sale

Two questions -

Do they take plastic?

Will they gift wrap?

I can't believe you guys don't like this! this spoiler looks REALLY hot to me.
G11_I2_big.jpg

I wouldn't throw the lime green C5R out of the garage either, but I prefer yellow.

Ok so its gonna take 2"+ lift and 4"+ reach to put anything in the trunk with out scratching anything. Then you have to look at the Z06 rear brake ducks, real or pasties? Then you have what looks to be Z06 badges on the front fenders. I have seen one Z06 vert conversion so thats not out of the ? but... I guess I would have to see the "wing" in person before I pass my final judgment but so far, "not on my car"

I can't believe you guys don't like this! this spoiler looks REALLY hot to me.
G11_I2_big.jpg

I wouldn't throw the lime green C5R out of the garage either, but I prefer yellow.

Then you have to look at the Z06 rear brake ducks, real or pasties? Then you have what looks to be Z06 badges on the front fenders. I have seen one Z06 vert conversion so thats not out of the ? but...
I'd guess it's probably a real Z that has been chopped. Otherwise, having the front fender label on there would be pretty embarrassing if there really wasn't a Z engine under the hood. However, it is an interesting conflict of interest if the owner thinks the front & rear spoilers (yes, it has the matching front spoiler too) will add in the performance area. What's the conflict? Well, the Z was never a vert because they wanted to maintain the torsional rigidity that comes with a fixed roof.

What's the conflict? Well, the Z was never a vert because they wanted to maintain the torsional rigidity that comes with a fixed roof.

Actually I've had this discussion several times with the Corvette Engineers as well as Dave Hill at Carlisile. The convetibles can be made plenty stiff enough for Z06 performance. The isssue is more about limiting the number of models in an effort to keep costs & prices down (more volume to fewer models). In the end I took mine to Lingenfelter and they stiffened it up and made it faster than a C5 Z06. Without the use of rear brake pasties.:L

("BTW - the Caravaggio rear spoiler is very tasty")
Remo:cool

But I wouldn't buy it either. I could never buy a car with a stupid ricer wing put on it!

Yeah I photoshoped this car with almost no decals and no wing and it doesnt look like a race car....now street car, that would be a hot piece!

original:
c5rtc8.jpg

My version:
winglessc5rnk3.jpg

the bottom one reminds me of a junyard car as far as the doors not matching up decal wise (black strip and all)...what do you guys think of it? would you drive it?

It looks dirty, but with a nice cleaning, sure! Just like the green one, it might not be the most aesthetically pleasing, but it'll smoke your car! :L
Now, to just figure out where to put that damned front license plate! :L

Now that's the best looking Silver Vett I think I have seen.

:eek
I Agree! Wow!

To employ the sort of colorful metaphor Remo's been making fashionable lately, it looks like some wild animal that been caged in a dungeon for everyone's safety. Wow, I like the way that looks!

-Patrick

did anyone see the video of the C5R?

its good stuff, and TONS more of it on hibn's site....

So You Like Silver Vettes

You've come to the right place. Here is one of the "badest" around.

Remo:cool
ifside.jpg

did anyone see the video of the C5R?
its good stuff, and TONS more of it on hibn's site....
Cool video! What transmissions are those cars using? The shifts are just...just ...WOW...incredibly fast! LIGHTNING FAST!

And that little yellow VW(?)..that little guy was just cutting through the pack like the proverbial hot knife through butter.

Cool video! What transmissions are those cars using? The shifts are just...just ...WOW...incredibly fast! LIGHTNING FAST!

And that little yellow VW(?)..that little guy was just cutting through the pack like the proverbial hot knife through butter.

yeah as far as i know its the same transmission as Pratt Miller used when they ran it...not sure though....

heres a shot of the SRT C5R onboard:

http://stream.harmony.be/2006/belcar_midsummer_race/video6.mpg

*audio crackles a bit in the middle but still good fun to watch! (6minutes long)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom