Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Clubs

T

TheLabattMan

I just got my C5. It is a Millenium Yellow Convertible. Needless to say, my wife and I love it. I would like to join a local (within the state) club but it seems as if the clubs kind of snub the C4 and C5 owners. I think most of them would rather see more of the classics. I'm not saying that we would not be welcome it's just that a lot of the members seem to be more interested in restorations etc. Has anyone else had this feeling? Do you know of any clubs within my geographic area (Michigan, Northern Ohio)?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott

Scott,

Click on the Portal tab above and go to the Clubs/Museums and Organizations section.

snubbing c5 owners

sounds to me like you need to look a liitle deeper for a better club.i belong to coastal carolina corvette club in the charleston s.c. metro area and we have 5-6 c5's and our president drives a yellow conv. like yours.we all get along fine and swap info. just remember those c3's where the new guys on the block once too!! good luck in your search and have fun with that beauty!:w

Thanks for the info Rob.
PoorBoy...I am not knocking the others. In fact I really love the older body styles. I am thinking about buying a C2 or C3 as well. I guess it won't matter which club I belong to then. Thanks again for your help. I really enjoy the site.
Scott

Clubs

I belong to a club in N/W Ohio and have held office in my first year. I knew allot of them before I joined and I think it was sort of and initiation. Great group of people and they are as diverse as the cars they own. All 5 generations are in the club and we have the restoration nut, the purest, drive it till it drops, the racers, the elite, party animals, but mostly just Corvette folks.

There is a good way to get acquainted, come down to our Corvettes only Show and Shine in Defiance Ohio June 1st. at the North Town Mall, be there by 9:00, and it will be dark when you leave.

Mich Corvette club

Hey Labattman,
I may be looking for a club too. We'll see if the vette virus drives me to join a club to get more af a daily fix then I could normally get. I get to Grand Rapids occasionally for jobsite visits. Would love to tip a few blues.... better then wavin as I cruise by. :beer
Brett

Hey Dad...
Does your club have a web site? Sounds like just the thing that I am looking for. North Towne Mall is only about 30 miles away. I will probably be there. Give me some more info.
Scott

Brett,
Why are you looking for a club in G. Rapids if you live in Fenton? We have got to hook up for a few Blues one night. Your car is going to be awesome! What a great color combo! Let me know if you ever get south on I-75.
Scott

That's Northtown Mall in Defiance Ohio, not North Toledo, it's more like 100 miles. What else do you want to know, come down, and clean it until noon and then the judging starts. I get to do a burnout with each entry to allow you in.

:s

Dad,
Sounds like one of those rules that only an officer can make! I've got the date on my calendar. Hopefully I can make it. I'll send you a message before I come down for some directions.
Scott

Labattman

was thinking of of Rockford over north of Grand Rapids. My bad. Brought her home Thurs nite in the bad weather. What a car. Didn't know GM had it in them

Brett,
No, I am not by G. Rapids. More like just north of Monroe. Must have been a tough one to bring her home during all of the rain but I am sure you got her all cleaned up soon. You are right about GM. I have had 16 Fords since my last GM car which happened to be the first car I ever owned. I am VERY impressed! :BOW
Scott

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom