Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette gets up to 87 mpg

Yes we all bought these vettes because of the oil crunch

You guys did read that the ECM shuts off fuel to the engine under specific (coasting) conditions; hence the high instantaneous readings. I recall a 1500 rpm figure.
I_R_DA_ONE said:
Yes we all bought these vettes because of the oil crunch
Oil crunches??

I thought it was just the crisp bills that spend so much less time in my billfold!

Interesting to see that gasoline pricing there has not risen anywhere near as much as here. I filled the motorcycle last week in Japan, at prices that might be 10% higher than they were; not double; nearly triple, as here.

Global; schmobal, oil price increases. Interesting that no press articles I have seen, link our high prices to the oil companies' huge (obscene?) profits.

I_R_DA_ONE said:
How good is yours on gas...?????????:D

:cry

8.2 liter 502 c.i.

:gap

Mpg

I got 28 mpg on my last trip to Dallas. My average is about 60% hwy. 40% city and it's usually 21.7 mpg. Unless, I'm in a bad mood,:lou then it's about 15 :D

67HEAVEN said:
:cry

8.2 liter 502 c.i.

:gap
You don't get any mileage but I bet you still enjoy the ride to the gas station.....

I was pleasantly surprised when I found my 94 getting 23-24 MPG. Wasn't really expecting that. But if I get a heavy foot, it doesn't do that wel l:duh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom