Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Magazine, June'13 issue Page 47.

96gs917

Corvette
1996 Grand Sport 917, 1996 Polo Green LT4
There is a very interesting article in the latest issue of Corvette Magazine (June "13) concerning the C4's
significance in Corvette history. It covers all C4's, and has some great pictures of a nice Grand Sport Coupe.
That beautiful example happens to be GS#917 owned and operated by yours truly.

Pretty neat!!:cool!:

Last edited:
That is one nice GS! I was admiring the photos of your car and thinking how cool it must be to have a GS in the stable.

Corvette Magazine has become come my favorite Corvette publication. They do a great job covering all of the generations and have not left any out in the cold like some of the other pubs. The coverage on C4’s has been the best I’ve seen, they also do great job on photography. Even the paper the publication is printed on is noteworthy.

Congrats for having your GS in print!

B17 Crew
:w

Thanks B17Crew,

I had to meet the photographer, Richard Prince, at a local beach parking lot at 5:30am so he could get some shots of the car as the sun came up.
He took hundreds of pictures with several different cameras, and it took about 5 hours. This was the weekend before we had that big snow storm.

Richard knew I had a Grand Sport because about a year earlier he shot my polo green LT4 for an article in that appeared in the September, 2012
issue of Vette Magazine. 1996 Corvette - Escape Capsule - Vette Magazine

Gotta love polo green.:thumb

Cool deal! Nice C4's too!

Congrats...great looking car! The article was very good and I enjoyed the pictures. I always look forward to seeing Corvette Mag show up in the mail......

Thanks B17Crew,

I had to meet the photographer, Richard Prince, at a local beach parking lot at 5:30am so he could get some shots of the car as the sun came up.
He took hundreds of pictures with several different cameras, and it took about 5 hours. This was the weekend before we had that big snow storm.

Richard knew I had a Grand Sport because about a year earlier he shot my polo green LT4 for an article in that appeared in the September, 2012
issue of Vette Magazine. 1996 Corvette - Escape Capsule - Vette Magazine

Gotta love polo green.:thumb

I really like Richard Prince’s photography style. In Vol. 79 of Corvette Magazine (pgs. 62-63) he photographed a ’63 SWC that I would like to frame. Every time I see a stunning photo of a Vette I like, it has been his camera work that has caught my eye. I checked out the Vette magazine link you provided, that’s a great write up and the motion photo that 6 Shooter posted has that classic Richard Prince photo style that captures the essence of these cars so well. That is one nice Polo you have!

B17Crew
:w

Great article and a fantastic GS. I also found the C4 value guide to be interesting.

The article implies that you bought this Grand Sport new. Is that correct?

C2C3C4,

No, I purchased the Grand Sport from the original owner in June 2011.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom