Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

corvette manuals for sale

M

maximv1

hi everyone, i am brand new to this site. here is a little background. i have been working at g.m. dealers for eight years as a detailer. i have several official g.m. manuals for sale for 1984-92 vette's they are parts manuals with part numbers and illustrations. the price is $105.00u.s. shipped by airmail to the u.s. and canada, overseas extra. i am not here to screw anyone, so feel free to check my ebay feedback, i use the same handle, maximv1. email me if you have any questions.

lol

ok, everyone,, do not do that

thats a rip off, all u need is a Haynes book for like 20 bucks
or 10 bucks, can't remember the price, it has everything u will ever need to know about your stock engine

Shadow: You're comparing "apples to oranges"!! Haynes manuals are inferior to GM manuals, therefore the cheaper price.
BTW, you can buy good GM manuals on eBay at very good prices alot less than $100.

I need sunglasses!

THAT is one shiny vette! How did you get it that glossy?

And shaddowwwinggg,,,,,,--I want one of those Haynes manuals for $20 or $10,,,I cant remember, that has everything u will ever need to know. I need a book like that.

Basically, I just keep it washed and waxed. I use Meguires products on my vehicles. My Vette has a very nice paint job, so I do whatever it takes to keep it clean. I live in an apt. here, so I use a good car cover along with my carport. Not having a garage bothers me, but for now in my life, this will have to do. Fortunately, here in Southern Calif. it seldom rains so it's nice to having good driving weather all year around.

Thanks for compliment. For a car with 158,700 miles on it, I get alot of compliments when I'm out cruisin'!!!:beer :beer :D

omg

I don't know what u are talking about,, but,, the Haynes or how ever u spell it
its really nice,, very detail,,,
its the best thing i ever bought,, that and the TPIS catalog im gettin real soon,,,

hey guys, the reason i am selling them for $100.00 is because i SOLD one on ebay for $100.00. to buy these books cost dealerships almost $150.00 for them. i know because i work at one. i have bought severl haynes manuals myself for motocycles and i am sorry but they are not even close to beingas thorough and these have g.m. part numbers in them for ordering parts yourself. by the way meguires is probably the BEST car care products you can buy.

The GM manuals

ARE A MORE INFORMATIVE SOURCE THEN THE AFTERMARKET MANUALS.

The ONLY question is price.. and 100.00 is NOT outa line ( IMHO ).

But I did get my 88 books off E bay for a little less ( Not much )

It's supply & Demand!

Vig!

Re: The GM manuals

vigman said:
ARE A MORE INFORMATIVE SOURCE THEN THE AFTERMARKET MANUALS.

The ONLY question is price.. and 100.00 is NOT outa line ( IMHO ).

But I did get my 88 books off E bay for a little less ( Not much )

It's supply & Demand!

Vig!

I agree 110%. in fact that is all I use. I have had the Chiltons and haynes manuals for other cars and IMHO they are worthless..

As the old saying goes.. You get hat you pay for..

There would have been no way for me to swap the 1991 dash into my 89 by using the Haynes manual.. I have the GM Service Manuals for the 1989 and the 1991 vettes.. Definitely worth the $$

umm

ok. lets say the manual, gives u,, part numbers

like u are really going to buy a new item from gm
thats the most expensive thing to do.. buy stuff thats not aftermarket,, anyways, what is there to know about installing a dash board

Prices are really going up on these manuals. I bought my 86 factory shop manual for $25, sold it for $40 in 93. I just bought one for my 92, new it was $95. No aftermarket has the detail that the factory shop manual has. I woudn't waste my time with anything but them anymore.

Re: umm

Shadowing1985v said:
ok. lets say the manual, gives u,, part numbers

like u are really going to buy a new item from gm
thats the most expensive thing to do.. buy stuff thats not aftermarket,, anyways, what is there to know about installing a dash board

Actually the GM manuals did not have part #s for everything.. but they do have very detailed diagrams for everything for the year the manual is for..

As for installing the dash.. mine was a CONVERSION

from this
89-dash.jpg

to this
dash-1.jpg

This was changing the Engine harness, Dash harness, mating the 1991 Dash harness to the 1989 rear harness. Getting everything to work correctly and wired right. it was not swapping a piece here and there. this was what it looked like with no dash:
no-dash.jpg

There was no way I was going to use a Haynes manual for this.. Especially when those are not year to year specific. They cover a range of years.

if the haynes manual works for you GREAT! I just find what GM Service tech use to be better.. that is just my $.02

Shadow

Take some time and READ these post's.

AND LEARN SOMETHING.....

Take time for more INPUT, then you OUTPUT will not be as IDIOTIC!

The more your know...the more you can do.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Are the manuals HOT?

Just an observation, but I think the original post is refering to the Parts & Accessories manual that the dealer uses in the parts department. I have one of those manuals and it just about describes every nut, bolt and washer in your vehicle with descriptions and part numbers, BUT, it doesn't tell you one thing about repairing the vehicle. You need a shop manual for that, not a parts manual!

DING, DING, DING, we have a winner!

I nominate ,,,,,,Shaddowwwing,,,,,,,,for Idiot of the decade.
His know it all attitude and complete lack of grammer would be enough, but his total ignorance puts him way over the top. Congratulations ,,,,Shad,,,,. You can pick up your prize at the door...an all expense paid trip to the proctologist. Maybe he can help you get your head out of your ass!

Re: DING, DING, DING, we have a winner!

Drewser said:
I nominate ,,,,,,Shaddowwwing,,,,,,,,for Idiot of the decade.
His know it all attitude and complete lack of grammer would be enough, but his total ignorance puts him way over the top. Congratulations ,,,,Shad,,,,. You can pick up your prize at the door...an all expense paid trip to the proctologist. Maybe he can help you get your head out of your ass!

Please be patient, he is only a kid.;)

re: patience

You have a point there Frank, but this ain't romper room and if you look at his history of posts, he has well earned his award.

hehe

normally i would get mad at this, but oh well,,
im only 19, hehe,,

and likethat one dudes says, it does nothing for u to how to fix the corvette, i was thinking the part manual could do that as well,, it was just a lack of comunication, and i read the post wrong, its human,, live with it.

some times i forget that not everyone owns a shop. so they have to know exactly what bolt and nut they need when if i have a problem i can just make my own nut.. or something,,,

Mark Twain

Mark Twain once wrote something to the effect of, "When I was 14 I couldn't believe how stupid my father was, but when I was 21 I couldn't believe how smart he had become in just 7 years."

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom