Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette rips through radar trap at 202 km/h: Police

MarkP

Corvette
Corvette rips through radar trap at 202 km/h: Police

6/18/2009
i880 News Radio AM

A Mountie in northern Alberta says he's never seen a passenger vehicle going as fast as the 2007 Corvette that ripped through his speed trap at 202 kilometres an hour.

The 55-year-old driver was pulled over and given a speeding ticket after police interviewed several motorists who witnessed his car rocketing down Highway 63 near Fort McMurray.

Police say a judge will determine the size of the fine because driving at such a high rate of speed requires a driver to appear in court. The ticket was issued Tuesday during a crackdown on speeding and other driving infractions on the busy highway to Alberta's oilsands region.

The highway was closed for more than a day this week because of poor visibility due to smoke from forest fires. The driver charged lives in Fort McMurray, but police have not yet released his name. (The Canadian Press, ccg)

For those mathematically challenged: that's 125 mph.

Wow.

Daring types, those Canadians are.

I heard 125's about as fast as even the ballsyest of them will go 'cause they're all afraid that, if they wreck, with their nationalized health care, they'll have to wait, lying on a gurney in the ER, for three months before getting treated.

That's enough to slow anyone down.
:boogie

oh dont make fun of canada here, i made a little joke once and got jumped on by other memebers who felt i must not realize that
A. canadians are our friends
and
B. canada is our neighbor to the north

:ugh some people take things wayyyyyy to serious:ugh

also i must add, the people who made these stunning revalations to me were not canadian!

Must not have been able to find fifth and sixth............:boogie
Andy

Sorry but I don't consider that particularly fast on some strips of highway around the nation.That is unless you get caught.:D

He might have run of errrr cohones.. 202? tcha.. ;LOL

Wow.

Daring types, those Canadians are.

I heard 125's about as fast as even the ballsyest of them will go 'cause they're all afraid that, if they wreck, with their nationalized health care, they'll have to wait, lying on a gurney in the ER, for three months before getting treated.

That's enough to slow anyone down.

Your neck is glowing brightly yet once again Hib.

I only opened this string to see what was so remarkable about going 202 kph. As others have posted that only about 125mph. Other than the highway being a two lane road, I don't why it's newsworthy??????

Must not have been able to find fifth and sixth............:boogie
Andy
:L
Andy, I must say, I love the avatar. Looks like me every morning before my third cup of coffee!

I think the newsworthy part is the RCMP officer that ran him down on his horse eh?

:boogie:rotfl:boogie:rotfl:boogie

Mac's gotta see that one... he just may fall off his horse laughing, Charlie. ;)

I only opened this string to see what was so remarkable ............. I don't why it's newsworthy??????

Maybe there weren't any news stories like this:

attachment.php

:chuckle

:DJane Ann

:L
Andy, I must say, I love the avatar. Looks like me every morning before my third cup of coffee!
Actually, I originally was gonna give it to Remo, but I liked it so much I kept it!
Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom