Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Corvette "road feel"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys thanks again for your responses...

its a 2010 coupe...and a vibration-where you actually see the steering wheel shake up and down past 60-and under that MPH-it feels great-nice and smooth-you cant see it on the rearview mirror either, if i keep my hands off the steering wheel-the car goes perfectly straight-just you can see that damn steering wheel vibrate and rock back and forth very quickly

Road surface doesnt seem to play into it- i mean you will defeintly feel it more on a rougher road. Ive taken it to smooth highways and roads and that "play" in the steering is still there

The vibration continues after 60:mad

I do like the idea of swapping rims/tires..

I've had 2 C6s, and neither had a front end shimmy. It's the tires - if they aren't out of balance, they're out of round.

I agree.

These cars are smooth at all speeds.

Out of round?really on new tires

Out of round (not flat spotting) is usually a manufacturing defect, so yes, on new tires.

Tires are like sparkplugs. Just because they're new, doesn't mean they're any good. I bet it's the tire construct defect. I had this same problem with a Dunlop on my Harley many years ago. Hopped like crazy @ 44mph, smooth above or below. Dunlop, replaced under warranty.

It's a type of wheel balancer that applies a roller against the wheel/tire assembly to simulate "road force". Mainly used to phase in the wheel to tire relationship for optimal concentricity. :w

Thanks. So do all dealerships have this or do u have to go to bigger tire shops to get it?

Yea, all better now..after all this hassle. But im still gonna sell it once my title comes in, i just really cant get use to this car, it doesnt bring me joy like my other cars did!

Yea, all better now..after all this hassle. But im still gonna sell it once my title comes in, i just really cant get use to this car, it doesnt bring me joy like my other cars did!

What did they end up doing? Sorry to hear that your not happy with your Vette.....good luck with whatever ya decide to go with....I bet there's someone out there that will want your Vette....take care.

What do you mean exactly (C5 vs C6, Coupe vs Conv., Auto vs 6-sp)???

What do you mean exactly (C5 vs C6, Coupe vs Conv., Auto vs 6-sp)???

I understand it to say he does NOT like his Corvette after having bought one. I just simply wished him luck with whatever he decides "trips his trigger".....:confused If I remember correctly, his last car was BMW....

Is this a case of buyers remorse?

I dont know. Seems like he does not like his Corvette after he bought it....what I understand anyway....I think I remember him stating in previous thread he had BMW....

I'd still like to know WHAT was fixed. :upthumbs

I am wondering how you ever came to buy a Vette if it does not make you happy.....I know it's none of my business.....but there are allot of folks out there that would love to be in your shoes and be behind the wheel of a CORVETTE!!! ANY CORVETTE for that matter....I am sure you'll be able to sell it....by the way, what did they finally do to fix your problem??? :)

I'll ask again: What was the problem that was fixed????????????????

I'll ask again: What was the problem that was fixed????????????????

the problem was vibration in front....as to what problem exactly was, and the fix I don't know. Seems like buyers remorse like Norty said. He had just bought a new C6 coupe. If memory serves he was driving a 3 series BM'er.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom