Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette to get diesel power for 2009

...Gawd, an "S" Class?

Nah, I was thinking more pedestrian like cars like the 1.9L turbo diesels that are all over the EU....turbo, direct injection, lots of torque for a little booger, very clean, economical but they all look butt ugly

......uh, JUST asking but what's up with the Massage Machine in the back seat.....NOT That There's Anything Wrong With That :D

Make that the rules tweaked in favor of Audi. One has to wonder just much $$$ it cost Audi under the table but for the Euro sales they gain they are laughing all the way to the bank. Audi is still the box of crap to be called a car ever built.

I'm not well versed on the rules for the prototypes in the Le Mans cars, but why would Audi need to pay off people to tweak the rules when the old R8 and its Bentley twin, Speed 8, was so dominant after 1999 when all the prototype marquees switched over to F1?

I never saw Audi's program as struggling or needing any seedy advantages to keep winning. And, I've never thought that the Pescarolo C60 was great competition for them.

...Gawd, an "S" Class?

Nah, I was thinking more pedestrian like cars like the 1.9L turbo diesels that are all over the EU....turbo, direct injection, lots of torque for a little booger, very clean, economical but they all look butt ugly

......uh, JUST asking but what's up with the Massage Machine in the back seat.....NOT That There's Anything Wrong With That :D

The Team owner, Alfonso, is on the Mercedes Prototype list. He gets test mules with options that may or may not ever hit the market and I get the hand-me-downs.(I have no idea what he pays for the team cars and he never says but he is not stupid with $$ and we have about 20 team cars that rotate every year so I am betting that Benz is dropping it draws.)
His current S class has heads up inferred display for driving like a fool in the fog and radar that makes it impossible to hit an object in front of you... yeah I tried it against a wall... the car got so ****ed off that it locked the brakes and turned on the ¨call service agent¨ light.:L

Any way both sides of the rear seat recline to about 45º and have vibrators like those Lazyboys back in the 60's.

Oh yeah, the POS locked me out a few weeks ago and it was impossible to get in. Benz had to send a Tech 300 Km with a new computer to get me back on the road.:W

I'm not well versed on the rules for the prototypes in the Le Mans cars, but why would Audi need to pay off people to tweak the rules when the old R8 and its Bentley twin, Speed 8, was so dominant after 1999 when all the prototype marquees switched over to F1?

I never saw Audi's program as struggling or needing any seedy advantages to keep winning. And, I've never thought that the Pescarolo C60 was great competition for them.

:BDHIf you are an Porsche/Audi/VW fan I will refrain from bashing you here on a Corvette forum... I have been that rout before and found that those blinded by P/A/VW could never be made to see.

:soapboxGermany has 3 major auto manufacturers; two good ones and Audi.
And those are words from a man who has worked with a GT2 all the way to a National Championship and may well be involved in a Seat GT (read that Audi with a Spanish National Marque) over the next few years. P/A/VW = over priced crap sold via hi-pro marketing based on an un-earned race heritage.

Of course this is all IMHO

I would bet that DFI will be on the C7 Corvette because Cadillac will have it in 2008.

If you are an Porsche/Audi/VW fan I will refrain from bashing you here on a Corvette forum... I have been that rout before and found that those blinded by P/A/VW could never be made to see.

I hardly consider myself a Porsche/Audi/VW road car fan.

I am in the cult of the R8 and Speed 8 though, so I do have some loyalty to the Audi R10 prototype program.

....wow, buncha' german iron fans out there..........

...no thanks, i've had my fill - worked for a Berlin-based company a while back and had enough of the attitude........Germany and labor unions - perfect together:grouphug:

....gimme a rice burner any day:rotfl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom