Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette weather stripping

Jessica19699

Corvette
1998 Jet black coupe
Hello CAC world i a few months ago made a costly mistake i should have known better but i did it anyway then again i really dont know to much about what product would be good or bad, i bought a C4 weather stripping kit on EBAY for my car because i had some leaking issues on my driver side after having the whole kit installed (because all the weather stripping needed it) i realized the kit i got was no good at all the rubber from what i was told is hard and trust me it shows when i go to shut both doors i have to slam them shut not to mention the leaking is ever worse than before there are cracks between the windows and the rubber where you can tell the rubber doesnt fit right so basically i bought a bogus product from Ebay shame on me my question to anyone here is what is the best kit you can buy for the Corvette and how much because i am going to have to replace the whole kit again with the proper product? I have seen others mention Corvette rubber.com was the best place to buy it becuase it was the softer latex like the original OEM product any thoughts on this or can any one suggest somewhere else ? Thanks in advance

I would search here, I know I looked around for weather stripping for the C4 I had and I think there was alot of good advice in the threads I dug up. I remember a friend that re-did his C3 told me the softer the better.

I would search here, I know I looked around for weather stripping for the C4 I had and I think there was alot of good advice in the threads I dug up. I remember a friend that re-did his C3 told me the softer the better.
Ok thanks for the help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom