Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Video: Corvette ZR1 - 205+ MPH Track Test

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
1_1646.jpg

Watch through the window of a ZR1 Corvette as it does a top speed track test and reaches over 205 miles per hour!

Watch here: http://vettetube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=cc5ed839561d12151676

Added by: Christian
Tags: zr1
Date: 2009-12-15

More...

Didn't take long to get up to 200, did it? :)

-Mac

Sweet :thumb

Makes me wonder how long it takes to go 205+ to zero? :eek:hnoes

-Stefan

Can't be sure but it looks like it hits 207 for just the briefest of moments.

As for Stefan's question that's easy, any car can go from XXX to zero in less than a second, just have to find a thick enough wall.

Amazing! Did you notice how little movement with the steering wheel?
Rock steady.

Cool "roll from 100". :cool And yes, 207.1mph was what I saw too.

Interesting that they had the dash completely disconnected as there was no tach or speedo response.

According to my stopwatch:
100mph - 150mph... 10.4 seconds
150 - 175... 9.9 seconds
175 - 190... 10.9 seconds
190 - 200... 10.0 seconds
----------------------------
100 - 200... 41.2 seconds :upthumbs

Can't be sure but it looks like it hits 207 for just the briefest of moments.

As for Stefan's question that's easy, any car can go from XXX to zero in less than a second, just have to find a thick enough wall.

;LOL

And how far is it going to drag the wall? :chuckle

Ryan,
Isn't that Xeno's theorem? "What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object"?

Although, I'm not sure I like the idea of a ZR1 capable of topping 205 MPH being the 'irresistible force' in this case. :ugh

Whoa...that's some pretty amazing shit.

They held that car at peak power and at top speed for well over a minute.

As for the speedo and tach not moving, it's hard to tell but I could see the tach needle and the speedo needle moving, especially when he shifts to high gear.

Anyone know where that clip was taped?

There's plenty of videos on Youtube where the Z06 and ZR1 smoke the crap out of Lamborghini Gallardos and Murcielago LP640s, including top-of-the-line Ferrari models in street racing around the world!...I couldn't believe it!...the almighty ZR1 has the same performance, or even surpasses the performance of a Ferrari Enzo, which costs $1 Million...which is a ten times more what a ZR1 costs!!...I'd say with the ZR1 you get more bang for your supercar buck!!!....ZR1 IS KING!!!

Amazing! Did you notice how little movement with the steering wheel?
Rock steady.

Zippy,...You own a true Ferrari and Lamborghini killer!!...have you watched any of the street racing videos on Youtube from around the world where they race Z06s and ZR1s against Europe's exotic supercars and America's supercar comes out ahead??...I mean, it's just amazing that both the Z06 and especially the ZR1, smoke the crap out of European exotics with 12 cylinders and costing up to ten times as much!!!...I suggest you check out those videos if you haven't already! :L

Anyone know where that clip was taped?

Test track in Germany. This video was released right around the same time the ZR1 appeared in '08. :)

jas

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom