Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Coupe vs. Convertible

R

resto75

Who has a coupe and who has a convt. Why do you like either one.

I've had both, and have the convertible now...

Tops out is good, top down is best..... my $.02!

I've alway's prefered coupe's myself. I just like the look of them better.
I like the T-top's and the fact that rear window on mine come's out.

Rick

Convert 4 me

Had em both, nothing beats a good top down ride.

Mike

I have a coupe, I personally don't like the way verts look with the top down, it looks to me like something is missing (yea I know there is something missing), just my opinion, thats why they make both kinds.

I like the cupe best. The climat here is a bit colder then in the USA. So even if you have only +5C you can have the topp off and the heat on.
Max

Convertible by far!!

We've had both and would never have anything but a convertible now!! I find that there's much less back draft of air in a C4 convertible than a C4 coupe, and the top is soooo much easier to put down!!

Lemon Peel aka Elaine

Both my 'Vettes have been coupes. Personaly I like the lines of a coupe better. Though I cant fault convertible owners for liking their cars either, not too many things that look as good as a Corvette crusing down the road with the top down. My problem is when the top is up, dosent seem to fit the car as well IMO.

Jason
P.S. The coupes are usually faster:)

Either way

It sure is loud without a top. Targa or 'vert, the wind at 50+ mph drowns out most all sound. Good thing my stereo has a lot of power.:D
--Drew:w

Lines

I like the Vert lines better! Espically with the top down...but to each their own.

They all look GREAT!

Mike

Another Coupe for Now

Lesley spends a large portion of each morning fixin her hair just so...
Verts have a tendency to render that time futile!
Also, the only place we both do not mind sweating a bit is in bed.
So, as a result the car is driven with the air on almost all summer!
Besides, how would you be able to see the three bears without a back hatch??
Sure love the Vert Vette tho!! Friend has a new triple black which we get to "try out" whenever we feel the need!
Still ... we love them all!

Evening and weekend driver only.

Coupes the way to go for sports cars. I'm a racing man, and verts are heavier and normally need modifications (roll bars, chassis stiffener) to be able to race. IMO.....a roll bar on a convertible with the top down looks as ugly as purple on pink. To me, convertible vettes are in the same catagory as automatic vettes.......for cruisers. I bought mine to USE, not to simply look good in ;) thats my .02

I have owned 3 coupes and 1 convertible since 1977. I didn't have any problems taking the T-Tops off the coupes, but the 2001 coupe top was too heavy and big for me to put on and take off. After buying a convertible...I would never go back to a coupe.
The coupes were very windy, and I was happily surprised that the convertible is not windy like the coupe and there is not as much wind noise...plus I can put the top up and down by myself.
I really like the appearance of the C-5's....but I also like the appearance of all the different years. I'm with Mike.."Nothing beats a good top down ride." :)

:w
Patti

Is the C5 targa top much larger than a C4 top? I found that once I got used to the proper way of doing it, taking off my 96 top is easily done single-handedly. I've seen it done on newer ones using two people, but I've never compared the two.

i own a coupe,but i would rather had a vert.when i found my 93
it was a 6speed and had 22k on it and it was black.so i could not
pass on this one. the targa top just take to much time to take off
for me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom