Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Couple questions on bringing a 94 Coupe back to life

Thanks for the tip Tuna... this might be very well the case because I also noticed that the passenger door panel is loose on the right hand side and creates a very large gap between the window and the panel, this might be a sign that a connection could be loose or something moved and froze up. I just need to take the panel off and test/check the connections then try your fix with helping the window up and down.

I would supect that your tires are flatspotted from sitting for so long. If they are good not all checked and dry rotted you might find that they will round out after they get hot enough. I have had the same problem after sitting over the winter. A sprited high speed run is just the thing for you and the tires. But be carefull. If the tires are at all questionable get new ones. I live in South County hope to see you out on the road or at a show someday.

I would supect that your tires are flatspotted from sitting for so long. If they are good not all checked and dry rotted you might find that they will round out after they get hot enough. I have had the same problem after sitting over the winter. A sprited high speed run is just the thing for you and the tires. But be carefull. If the tires are at all questionable get new ones. I live in South County hope to see you out on the road or at a show someday.

Very cool... I live out near Eureka off on route 66.

I'm actually getting four new tires mounted on the car tonight because the current tires were over 8 years old and do not have much tread left and one of them even had a nail in one of the sidewalls. New shocks and tires tonight and the corvette should drive much smoother!

great thread! I may come back and look at this from time to time since I have driven my 93 one time since October, and probably started it a total of 3 times!:mad

Be prepared for weatherstrip problems, too. Although, they might not be too severe given the car was garage kept for what? 12 years or so?

Stop by your local hardware or plumbing supply store and buy a tube of Leslie's Pool & Spa Lube. Runs about $5. Apply it with your fingers to your weatherstripping and outer door seals to keep them moist, supple, and prevent damaging dryness from UV rays.

lube.jpg

I would like to see an update on this thread.

Glenn
:w

I am wondering if the A/C system was low on R134 refrigerant? The shaft (and other seals along the lines) can harden with age and lack of use, resulting in the loss of gas.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom