Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cranes Rocker Arm Kit

scotch1

Corvette
1994 convert. 2002 C5 coupe
Have any of you guys out there ever installed a Cranes Rocker Arm Kit?
If so, were the results what you expected??
I'm considering the 1.6 Self Aligning Rockers for my L98.
Tom.

Thanks!
Looks great. So is the price. Is this complete?Are ther any other parts or modifications required?
Tom

Thanks!
Looks great. So is the price. Is this complete?Are ther any other parts or modifications required?
Tom
Complete kit, rockers and polylocks.. For standard L98 and LT1 valve covers, you have to grind off the drip tabs for them to fit. If you have the late LT1/LT4 black composite covers, they fit without modification.

I also offer chrome steel centerbolt covers or black Proforms that will clear the rockers without modification, should you decide not to grind your drip tabs off of your stockers.

How much of a job is it to grind the covers?? Does much material have to be removed?
Will my bench shop grinder do the job?

How much are your new covers and gaskets??
Tom.

How much of a job is it to grind the covers?? Does much material have to be removed?
Will my bench shop grinder do the job?

How much are your new covers and gaskets??
Tom.
It's a tedious boring job to grind off the tabs (but remember..when it comes to performance, you get nothing for nothing). You'll need a good die grinder with a carbide burr (best) or the typical Horror Freight cheapo grinding stones (probably use a few of them). A bench grinder will NOT work.

I'll pm you some pricing on Monday (I'm not at the shop at the moment)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom