Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

crome 5 spoke wheels

Red73BB

Corvette
1969 dark red convert
Hi,

I'm insterested in buying crome 5 spoke wheels to replace my "sawblade" wheels. Questions:

Are crome Zo6 wheels the same as 5 spoke wheels?
What is the going cost for a set?
Is there a market for my sawblade wheels?
Will the 5 spoke bolt on with no problems?

Thanks

Red,
Go Back to CG.
Click on C5 wheels, then reproduction wheels. Go down to C5z06 chrome set for $629. If you want to rotate easily, get the 18x9.5. and use 275-285 0r 295 width. It you want max tire footprint, go 18x10.5 in rear. I've read where you can put at least a 305 width without rubbing.
I had planned on 275 front and 295 rear for myself. Last summer Dick Guldstrand told me that the wider tires dramatically helped the cornering ability of the c-4's. (along with other refinements).
Good luck. pm me if I can help.

Hi,

I'm insterested in buying crome 5 spoke wheels to replace my "sawblade" wheels. Questions:

Are crome Zo6 wheels the same as 5 spoke wheels?
What is the going cost for a set?
Is there a market for my sawblade wheels?
Will the 5 spoke bolt on with no problems?

Thanks
1. No, The Z06 wheels would not be considered a traditional five spoke wheel.
2. You have the ad from E bay.
3. I don't think there is a large market for the sawblades. In twenty years there may be. Are they in perfect condition? Are they 2 8.5" wheels and 2 9.5" wheels? If perfect, they could be exchanged for chrome sawblades (for you or your buyer).
4. The ad says they will fit 88-96.

These E bay wheels are not chrome plated. They are highly polished alum. I assume they have a clear coat on them to help retain the luster, but the ad does not say so. You need to call them. If they are not coated, you will need to polish them regularly. Plus salt and other chemicals (including tire cleaning products) will stain them. If these are utility wheels for stickey race tires, they'll work. If you are planning on a long term investment and long life beauty in your new set of wheels, you should think chome. Send me a pm if you have any more questions.
Good luck
How exactly are you planning on using your new wheels?

STOP ! ! DON'T BUY THOSE WHEELS

Go to Google search anb punch in O E Wheel Distributors. There are many complaints against that company. You need to read them before buying anything. I don't think I would take the chance. Go with one of the CAC forum sponsors.

Go to Google search anb punch in O E Wheel Distributors. There are many complaints against that company. You need to read them before buying anything. I don't think I would take the chance. Go with one of the CAC forum sponsors.
maybe I got lucky but I had a good experience with them. nice wheels at a good price.

I've also been looking at O E Wheel Distributors for the same wheels. One of the guys in my club got some and based on his recommendation he would buy from them again. I couldn't see any flaws when I looked at them.

Ron
"Baldie88"

I've also been looking at O E Wheel Distributors for the same wheels. One of the guys in my club got some and based on his recommendation he would buy from them again. I couldn't see any flaws when I looked at them.

Ron
"Baldie88"
I'm very happy that many of you were satisfied customers. I only reported what I saw on google search because I wanted everyone to be aware.

Are my stock 1991 sawblades wheels are 17" 9.5 front and back or are they different sizes?

In 1991, all base wheels were the same size as 1990, 17x9.5, but were a new design. The 17x8.5/17x9.5 combo didn't start until 93.

After much research and visits to local wheel dealers, I'm going with OE Wheels. I talked to them and I'm about as comfortable as I can be. I'm ususally conservitive when in come to ordering off on the internet, but I saw these at one on the dealer. The dealer wanted $1200 + my wheels.
These are $559 + SH.

CAC does't have any industry partners under Wheels

Thanks for your help.

Sounds nice., and period correct. Chrome, silver grey/silver, and a bit of black. Not extremely colorful, but to me, I think it is a very clean timeless look. I would love a silver - chrome bumber shark and slap on a set of original torque Thrust wheels. Timeless beauty.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom