Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cruise Control Help Needed

G

gambit

I have a 1981 with cruise that was bypassed when I bought it. I replaced the transducer and both cables but still does not work correctly. The Speedo works fine, and oddly enough the Resume button works if I push it in all the way and hold it, the car will accelerate. The Set button does not work, If I push it in half way to set the speed nothing happens, if I push it in all the way for coast or set nothing happens, only when I push the Resume button all the way in does it react by accelerating. and YES the switch is in the On position when I try to set it : )

The only thing that looks suspicious to me is on the Transducer, facing the firewall there are 2 wires that plug in and what looks like a nipple for a vaccume hose right beside them. There is no hose there and if one goes there I cant tell where it should come from anyway.

Any help is much appreciated!

take a look at doc rebuild or corvette centrals websites for the cruise vacuum "harness" configuration. there is definietly a vacuum hose that goes to the transducer as well as the servo.

steve

nope, need more help

the picture at corvette central is too small to see the details and dr rebulid makes you buy it before you see it. If anybody has a 1981 or probally anything near it, if you could look at the two wires on the transducer facing the firewall and see if there is a hose that plugs up beside them, there is a nipple on mine, and if so where does the other end go?

The info is out there!

Hey gambit

In the L81 Assembly manual the info is on drwgs 12C/sh11, 12H/sh12 & 12H/sh13.

If you cant get access to copy from someone locally, let me know and Ill scan and email thru.

Goodluck Grant
Kiwi Vette.

When I have some time I'll take some pictures of mine transducer in the evening. I don't know if mine works but I connected all the hoses OEM.

Groeten Peter.

Gambit, because I believe that the '81 CC setup may be specific to the '81, I'm going to move this thread to the L81 forum. You might get more support there. If not, Rare81 can always move it back to the main C3 tech section. :)

Gambit,

I just checked Gail's cruise control unit, and the connector closest to the firewall DOES have the port you mentioned. My set-up has a cap-like sleeve that fits over the electrical connector. The cap has foam inside and I think keeps dust from the open port. I believe that it is supposed to be that way, but I am not sure why is it needed.

Thanks

Well thanks alot Gerry, thats what I needed to know, it does not show that part clearly in any of the assy manuals. Ok so that is not the problem then, Anybody else got any ideas? Everything now appears to be hooked up right, all vaccum hoses and wires, New Transucer and cables, it wont SET but it will RESUME or accellerate if I push in the RESUME button and hold it after trying to set it a few times.

Aybody got any other ideas?

Gambit,

I just checked Gail's cruise control unit, and the connector closest to the firewall DOES have the port you mentioned. My set-up has a cap-like sleeve that fits over the electrical connector. The cap has foam inside and I think keeps dust from the open port. I believe that it is supposed to be that way, but I am not sure why is it needed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom