Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cruise Problems

John Robinson

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1993 Polo Green Coupe
I have been chasing a problem with my cruise for sometime now. I finally have vacuum and did the test light check of the servo connector. Right now I have no elctrical response from the cruise control in the wiper lever. After reading my FSM it looks like my next step is to find the Cruise Control Module and do some testing to see if it is functioning. What is confusing me is how to get to it. It looks like it is behind the fuse block on the right side of the dash. If so what all do I have to remove to get to it. From the manual it sounds like I have to practically remove the whole right side of the dash to get to the module to test it. Before I do that I want to feel fairly confident that when I get to the module it will be my problem. From reading the diagnostic charts everything is pointing that way. Sure would welcome any advice or experience any of you have had with this problem.:rotfl

father & son

Do you have a auto or stick? On my 84 the cruise has a switch on the clutch peddle and the brake peddle. It was the clutch switch that fooled me, because it was out of alignement, when i had no elect. to the servo after some clutch master cyl. work.
vett4-12.jpg

Do you have a auto or stick? On my 84 the cruise has a switch on the clutch peddle and the brake peddle. It was the clutch switch that fooled me, because it was out of alignement, when i had no elect. to the servo after some clutch master cyl. work.
vett4-12.jpg

I have an Auto and yes I need to look at the brake switch. From what you said it sounds like the brake safety switch can cause a no power to the servo condition. Is that right;help

No stalk response

My wife bakes wonderful cakes; and delivers lots of them. We both love chocolate. And so do her customers.

When the cruise control in her Blazer quit, I looked at everything. Nothing made it work. Everything seemed in good order.

One day I noticed chocolate on my left index finger????

It was in the 'Set' push button of the cruise control. A tooth brush and lots of elbow grease to free up the 'Set' button restored the cruise control.

Check the 'Set' button to see if it's sticking.

And don't complain to your other halfs finger cleanliness; I speak from experience.

I'm having the same problem with my 96 cruise. As soon as it warms up a bit I plan to change my under dash switch and check the module too. In the meantime I plan on following this thread to see if any other suggestions come up.

I know my problem ISN'T with the servo, since I swapped my son's 96 servo into mine and mine into his. His cruise continued to work properly but mine still doesn't.

Jake

My wife bakes wonderful cakes; and delivers lots of them. We both love chocolate. And so do her customers.

When the cruise control in her Blazer quit, I looked at everything. Nothing made it work. Everything seemed in good order.

One day I noticed chocolate on my left index finger????

It was in the 'Set' push button of the cruise control. A tooth brush and lots of elbow grease to free up the 'Set' button restored the cruise control.

Check the 'Set' button to see if it's sticking.

And don't complain to your other halfs finger cleanliness; I speak from experience.

So, the moral of the story is: Don´t bake cakes and cruise...:chuckle

I once came across a note in my FSM of a tool you can buy that plugs into the cruise that'll point you to the cause of the cruise not working.

I'll try to find it again and post the part number here.

Also, on forums.corvetteforum.com someone posted the readings you should get when you test the servo connector. A SEARCH should turn it up.

Jake

On my 87 the cruise/brake switch is in a half way threaded bracket. You wiggle it down toward the pedal and pull the peddle up and it just pushes the switch to the correct position.
Easy to do if you think you have a problem.

JS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom