Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CruiseFest 2010 Hotel Announcement!

Evolution1980

Administrator
Corvette
ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
Days Inn

1205 N. Keller Dr.
Effingham, IL 62401

217-347-7131

Reservation name: Corvette Center (no "action")

The Days Inn has made the CAC a great offer for our weekend stay! Right off the bat, we're getting what I believe is the lowest price we've ever had for a CruiseFest...only $60/night for a standard room! However, for people that like a little more posh, you can get a suite for $100/night.

They've arranged for us to have a free BBQ on a night of our choosing (probably Saturday). There will be a continental breakfast available every morning.

They are also going to provide a wash area, buckets, and rags so we can keep our rides clean!

And we're going to have an area set aside for any *ahem* "end of day activities" :D :beer

There are smoking rooms available at no additional charge for those that want 'em.
All the rooms have a mini-fridge and a microwave.

For anyone wondering what a suite gets you... A suite has a jacuzzi tub, desk/workspace, sleeper sofa, two TV's, and is overall bigger than the standard rooms.

If I've left anything out, feel free to ask here. If I don't know the answer, someone else will or I will get it for you!

Here's a map showing how close the hotel is to the MAM campus. CLICK!

Dre, I was ready to make my motel reservations, but had several questions first. Can we register via the internet or do we have to call? No link provided in your post. If we call, do they have a toll free number?
The dates for CF are June 11-13. In one of your responses to a question in your thread about the dinner, you said it was on Sunday, so I am assuing that the CF activities will begin on Friday morning and end Sunday night, so our check-in check-out dates are June 10-14. Is this correct?
Thanks for setting the dates for CF and the hotel up for us so early. It is appreciated. Now only 4+ months before I get one of the vettes out of winter storage, then on to CF.
Barrett

Can we register via the internet or do we have to call? No link provided in your post. If we call, do they have a toll free number?
The dates for CF are June 11-13....I am assuing that the CF activities will begin on Friday morning and end Sunday night, so our check-in check-out dates are June 10-14. Is this correct?
Barrett, unfortunately you need to call the hotel direct via the number listed above. There is 1-800-Days-Inn and the online site, but neither of those will get you the special room rate. I just called the hotel and we are in the system there. (She did say that they have some new people starting there, but as long as you give them the dates, "Corvette Center" should pop up with a block of rooms. Did I call it??? :L)

As noted above, it's listed as Corvette Center. And we have a block of rooms for Thursday June 10th - Sunday June 13th. Checkout on Monday the 14th.

I made my reservation today at the Days Inn. There is only one person currently who will take the reservation, her name is Priscilla, and works M-F from 3pm to 11 pm Central Time. Other than this slight inconvenience, it was very easy as I called back after 3 pm and got a room for my brother and me.
Barrett

I got my room for the CruiseFest reserved a few minutes ago. I'm down for 4 nights Thursday through Sunday. I'll be there to help out early Friday morning with check-in.

Hey January is almost gone.....June will be here before we know it. :thumb Any one else got their reservations? Yea, I know you do Barrett.

Are we going to start a thread getting our caravan? Yea, I think I'll start one one. :beer

Booked for June 10th (Thursday) ~ June 13th (Sunday) Checkout Monday June 14th :Steer

Priscilla said she just booked a room a little while ago... :chuckle I told her yep I bet his first name was Tom and he said he lives in Kansas :eek :boogie ;LOL then I confessed that you posted and reminded folks to get their rooms booked early ;)

Priscilla booked an ajoining room, that's a good thing Tom, we can practice a few Diana Ross routines :dance :bash :cool

Bud & Nanc

Always looking forward to the "Supremes". :D

Gee, Lou they were very good the last time I saw them. Quite entertaining. :boogie

Made reservations for the Days Inn today. :thumb

Andre, perhaps you mentioned it before, but what kind of advertising or effort to spread the word has been planed for this event?

I'll see if Perhaps I can start a thread and place a link at StevesNovaSite.com to spread the word. There are plenty members who are Corvette owners as well.

GerryLP:cool

Finally!!!! got my reservation in...were good to GO!!!!!:thumb:thumb

Bought a 200-4r (used) for Gail for $75 dollars + $125 shipping + $150 tools + $250 parts + $200 miscellaneous (cross member). So I should be able to save $100 bucks on gas this trip. :L;LOL:rotfl I will go through it here shortly and then I will install it. :thumb:thumb:thumb

GerryLP:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom