Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Crunched Vette

lone73

Corvette
'73 4spd coupe, '04 6 speed coupe
I'm really bummed out...

black vette wreck_0193_small.JPG

Looks like some one had a bad day and more on the way. Sorry to see the damage. That sucks!!!!

My dealer managed to crack the rear driver side rocker panel when doing the first oil change. Luckily all of the damge was under the car and not visible standing next to the car. Had the car just over 2 months and it was already damaged. They did some repair work on it, but still PO'd over the whole deal.

Looks like he forgot to close his gas lid. ;shrug

There looks to be more to it than that. All the scrapes down the entire side of the car as well as the red paint on the rear quarter. Perhaps someone sideswiped the drivers side of the car. I'm certainly interested in what happened.

Leon

I see red paint transfer on the rear quarter panel and damage from the front fender to the rear. If I had to guess someone changed lanes without looking or...

OK lone73, lets have "The Rest Of The Story".

Hecox

I was in a bit of a hurry this morning. sorry. My wife was on her way to the grocery store two Thursdays ago and a dump truck darted into the right lane behind her - trying to cut off another dump truck that was following close behind her. he caught the back left corner at the rear qtr panel (where the hole is) and spun the car ccw. It slammed into the front of the truck and the truck proceeded to push the car another hundred feet or so further on down the street before the car slid off to the left side of the truck, spun again and ended up climbing a ~10" high curb and stopping in the median. The truck driver was apparently in a road rage mood w/the other driver. Told the cops he never saw her. He was lying. He had followed the pack with her in it for about a mile and a half - thru another light before he pulled his "stunt".

Doesn't look too bad in the pics for such an accident. Luckily she is allright. Shook really bad though.
Car is in the shop. I'm hoping for a total wreck but looks like no.

Wow, its sad to see anyones car that badly damaged, its even worse with a vette.

Anyone with a big truck like that should know to keep cool on the road, not every vehicle has giant steel bumpers big enough to ward off being hit by a bus. By the sound of it, the guy shouldnt be driving anything.

As long as no one was hurt, its what counts. The insurance company can take care of the rest.

That driver needs his butt handed to him in a sling!

Hate to hear about your misfortune but VERY GLAD to hear that your wife is alright! And kudos to her for hanging tough!!

Good luck with it.
:w Jane Ann

WOW that is some story. I am so glad your wife was OK. And from what you discribed, the vette looks like it stood up fairly well. Vette vs dump truck, ouch.

So glad things turned out as good as they did.

Hecox

They would find that truck driver face down in a lake or large body of water.:beer

WOW - Glad your Wife's OK...

...I bet it was a shocking experience for her to go thru. :eek:hnoes

Good luck with your total or repairs, let us know what the insurance company ends up doing with your Vette.

A truck backed into our Vette a few years ago, but nothing like this ordeal.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

That driver needs his butt handed to him in a sling!

Hate to hear about your misfortune but VERY GLAD to hear that your wife is alright! And kudos to her for hanging tough!!

Good luck with it.
:w Jane Ann
Jane Ann said it with more tact than i would be able to..

Glad the wife is ok. That must have been a ride..

I am always surprised at the impacts these cars can take. I almost think the fiberglas acts like a beachball you kick it and it bounces away, absorbing the impact, with more bounce and less crunch.

The car can be fixed...glad your wife dosen't have to be!
Give her our best..(wife and I) and tell her she needs to get in the vette again as soon as she can!:lou

How could that guy NOT see her? He must have hit her from behind as your story indicates. I'm glad to hear your wife is ok.

Now it time to focus on the car. Let us know what ends up happening.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom