Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

curious - amount of car use on your C1 or C2

JL66REDCPE said:
BarryK - I am just east of Vineland -- small rural town called Richland -- population 912 :)

912? gee, a regular booming metropolis!
;LOL

does that numer include pets also?

actually it sounds nice, i actually really like small rural towns

I drive my 67 BB all the time every chance I get (about 29000 in two years). The best thing for these cars is to get them right and drive them to keep them right. I will take it to Carlisle again this year (5 hour ride) and love every minute of it. It makes the work commute (126 miles round trip) lovely and the sidepipes are my music and therapy for my soul. DRIVE the car that's what it was meant for. Just my humble opinion.

Best regards,
Gerry

Gerry said:
I drive my 67 BB all the time every chance I get (about 29000 in two years). The best thing for these cars is to get them right and drive them to keep them right. I will take it to Carlisle again this year (5 hour ride) and love every minute of it. It makes the work commute (126 miles round trip) lovely and the sidepipes are my music and therapy for my soul. DRIVE the car that's what it was meant for. Just my humble opinion.

Best regards,
Gerry
Gerry, I couldn't get your link to your photo to work, is it me or is it Memorex?:L

Hi Ron, I am not good with these on line photos and I don't know what photo you are talking about but if you mean a photo of my car (Duh) I would provide one if some one explained how to post it. So, its not you or memorex its me.

Gerry

JL66REDCPE said:
I do not drive the car very much at all - maybe 300-500 miles a year. I attend cruise ins mostly and maybe a couple shows a year. I just dont like sitting in a parking lot for 6-8 hours waiting to get a trophy anymore. Don't get me wrong, there are shows that I do attend that are really fun. These shows are either at a great venue or have some kind of festival associated (which equates to great food) with them. The shows at Smithville, NJ, the Blueberry Festival in Hammonton and the Ocean Cty NJ Boardwalk show are two in particular. Also our club Corvette show at Wheaton Village in Millville NJ is a terrific show celebrating its 25th year. I also belong to a local club where the C5's have really taken over. If the club goes on a long cruise, the average travel speed is way faster that I care to travel, plus -- where the heck am I going to get Cam2 or some other racing fuel out on the highway. I have long time freinds with C2's and other classic cars who I travel with to the cruises.

Yeah John.....You gotta bring that Bad Boy NCRS Rocket Ship out to the Drags one Day and FLOG The S_ _T out of it before you Check Out out of this thing we call living.

Well...I know that will never happen..:L .

I drive my C2 every week end around the neighborhood..starting with a 4000 RPM back down thru the side pipes in the church parking lot across the street. Then ..cruz the loop for about 7 miles then back home. That's if there are no car shows. Then I take the 86 out and do the same deal.

I went to Bowling Green for the 50th and was very surprized to find hardly any C1 or C2's that were their. Most all were C5's. I drove my C2 to BG. Since I put my Keisler 5 Speed "OD" in..it's been a blast to cruz the Interstates at 70 MPH @ 2200 RPM's.

Most cruz's in the area with Vette's are C5's ..I do see some C3's every now and then but since the C5 came out it seems like everybody bought one.

We get a lot of C1-C2-C3's at our Ocean City NJ "Corvette's On The Boardwalk" Show. It's always great to see them come out. Most of the people
who attend this show have never seen the older C's and love to look at them.

I've been driving mine a lot since putting the motor in this winter along with the Keisler. 3:70 Rears make for nice cruizin on the super slab and then stay in 4th on the twisty's.. I've put close to 2k on it in the last 3 months.. Get out there and drive em. I'm hoping to do a rally this Saturday.. 100 Miles against the C4-5 PACK.. timed distance across back roads... Speed Channel showed Cannonball last night so I'm primed... I like to drive mine year round here in the Carolina's, I need to get cracken on my hardtop so it's ready when I gets cold. Dave..

If my 57 still had a/c I'd drive it every day. Nonetheless, in 13 years I've managed to put nearly 45000 miles on it; including trips from FL to CA (and back) and FL to MI (and back). I like to take it to the cruise nights and events 'cause it usually steals even the 67 side pipe's thunder. :D

SebringBill said:
If my 57 still had a/c I'd drive it every day. Nonetheless, in 13 years I've managed to put nearly 45000 miles on it; including trips from FL to CA (and back) and FL to MI (and back). I like to take it to the cruise nights and events 'cause it usually steals even the 67 side pipe's thunder. :D
It's a tough job, but I guess someone has to do it.........;)

I take my 1960 every chance I can get. Whether it is to work, the grocery store, dry cleaners or to pick the kids up from school. I don't usually take it on drives of over 3 hours distance but anything short of that if it is sunny and warm that's the car to take. We only get 5 or 6 months of potential driving weather and it rains half of that so if the suns out so is the vette. I put about 5-6K miles per year and I would do more if I could.

"We only get 5 or 6 months of potential driving weather and it rains half of that..."

For a minute there, I thought you were in the Seattle area! :L

I drive my '62 at least once a week. I have several 30-45 minute routes through the MO countryside. Once a month, I take a one hour jaunt somewhere. During the summer, I go to local shows and cruises. Once or twice a year, I go to "big" events, like the Corvette weekend in Eureka Springs, AR. This year, I think we'll drive it to the museum in Bowling Green. It is a handfull to drive, but that's part of the attraction, to me. Driving one of these things is not about the destination, it's about the journey, literally. Kinda like sailing v. motor boating.

My 65 roadster is on the road several days each week throughout the year, weather permitting. Although my odometer is "frozen in time" I estimate 3-5,000 miles per year. I go to cruise nights and shows, but the best part is always driving to or from the event. As mentioned in another post, we have some great shows in South Jersey which has great back roads, especially through the "Pines" which will make you really appreciate what you have. I had really hoped to someday do the Route 66 cruise, but with so little storage in the roadster with the top down, even my wife who is all for it feels we would be really cramped. I did travel to Carlisle (400+ miles) a few weeks ago and enjoyed every driving minute, except for narrowly escaping a falling limb in the Saturday Storm. Anyhow, my car will always be a driver, because that is what I love to do.

Have put 8 miles on my 64 this year and that was just to a local dealer to get an new optima. Nothing wrong with the car, runs perfect, just been a busy non-corvette spring and summer. I'll try harder

I do not drive the car very much at all - maybe 300-500 miles a year. I attend cruise ins mostly and maybe a couple shows a year. I just dont like sitting in a parking lot for 6-8 hours waiting to get a trophy anymore. Don't get me wrong, there are shows that I do attend that are really fun. These shows are either at a great venue or have some kind of festival associated (which equates to great food) with them. The shows at Smithville, NJ, the Blueberry Festival in Hammonton and the Ocean Cty NJ Boardwalk show are two in particular. Also our club Corvette show at Wheaton Village in Millville NJ is a terrific show celebrating its 25th year. I also belong to a local club where the C5's have really taken over. If the club goes on a long cruise, the average travel speed is way faster that I care to travel, plus -- where the heck am I going to get Cam2 or some other racing fuel out on the highway. I have long time freinds with C2's and other classic cars who I travel with to the cruises.

I like those shows also. They are low key and friendly.

Over the last 10 years my driving habits as far as my 1960 have changed. Mainly due to car insurance. I now have it insured as a classic car, meaning I can only use it for pleasure driving. So now it's driven on weekends only and the occassionaly warm evening... Classic car insurance is about 1/4 the cost of regular insurance....

Prrior to the classic car insurance, I drove my Vette as if it was my primary summer car.. To the grocery store, to work, to the tennis court. One year when I was playing summer ice hockey, I even drove it to the rink with a fellow teammate as a passenger... Ever try to stuff hockey sticks, skates and two kit bags full of hockey equipment into a C1...??? Not fun...;) But boy did we get the looks at the rink....

I haven't driven the '59 on a daily basis since 1971. It's only been out occasionally around the block since then but not in the last 22 years. I have had a couple of mid years in that time and drove them daily except when there was snow or salt on the road.

The '59 will see the road again next summer. It won't be restored but it will be running and driving.

Tom

The driving season is 90% over in this neck of the woods. I would say about 800 miles in 2007 for me.

hazeldean003.jpg

Drive about 2000 miles per year, monthly club meeting about 40 miles away, try not to venture further than I'd want my favorite wrecker to pick me up.

InclineThatBrokeSpring.jpg

Just now getting comfortable to drive again as the summer starting to wind down. At our local club only a few C2s , wish I had more free time to enjoy the sounds of the exhaust.

Oddly my wife used to accuse me of having some "Peacock" in me, got her a 2000 and now she's commenting about the looks she's getting! Could it be she has a little "Peacock" in her?

Save the wave guys, :w

Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom