Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

curious - amount of car use on your C1 or C2

Photos............we need photos. :upthumbs

Ol 67HEAVEN is right on!! All of us would like to see 40 to 50 C-2s together crusing down the road:) Pictures:upthumbs Where you live, I doubt you can even get out of 1st gear on the freeway. Plan a cruise north up 99, let us know when and I'd be glad to get in with the group.:w

I finally got my 65 running fairly good and did a 35mile putt out in the country. Pured like a kitten. Hammered it - brought back that old smile I forgot I had. I also found out how bad of mileage it gets when your having fun.
Mine is a drive it and have fun Vette. Still looks real sharp. At least a 1000 miles a year locally. I'm buying me a to-me -- from=me gift for Christmas. A topped of full tank. :beer

2000 miles or so a year (end of snow (March) thru beginning of snow (November)), weekends and a mid-week sunny day commute every so often, I get the impression I drive it waay more than many (but not all) of my fellow C2 owners in the area . .

at this rate it will have 64,000 original miles in 5 years . . .
I drive only in summer to show & shines ect. About 1500 a year.The newer ones are faster, The older ones look faster sitting still.

Ol 67HEAVEN is right on!! All of us would like to see 40 to 50 C-2s together crusing down the road:) Pictures:upthumbs Where you live, I doubt you can even get out of 1st gear on the freeway. Plan a cruise north up 99, let us know when and I'd be glad to get in with the group.:w

I finally got my 65 running fairly good and did a 35mile putt out in the country. Pured like a kitten. Hammered it - brought back that old smile I forgot I had. I also found out how bad of mileage it gets when your having fun.
Mine is a drive it and have fun Vette. Still looks real sharp. At least a 1000 miles a year locally. I'm buying me a to-me -- from=me gift for Christmas. A topped of full tank. :beer

Kinda a back-handed nice knowing that full tank of high test premium is appreciating just like the car! Think it was like $2.75/gal the last fill-up.

:beer
Andy

circa 1970

Just a few buddies out for a cruise. Stewarts on rt22.
3 61s, 2 62s. all had original engines......

fawn beige was un-hit and had metallic brakes

my 62 was sprayed 67 malrboro maroon, 327/300, 3:08, original off road mufflers.

white 61, new paint

62 with a caddy firemist color and gray spoked 14" mags

last car was a perfect no hit 61, originally white /silver/red interior, both tops. 315 fuely minus FI unit, 411s, paint was perfect as the car was meticuliously cared for......stripped the original white and then painted that hideous green color, stripped and repsrayed white again with red cobwebbing in the coves.

Notice the C-3 or new vette as we used to say, no ide who that guy was. Vettes everywhere.

Loved to drive but with nuts on the road, traffic beyond imagination, insurance/antique licence restrictions the car rarely comes out. Only hope is when I move to Maine, not Portland.

Plan to register my other vettes differently to get more driving time.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2300/61rallysmalliz4.jpg

Looks like a good time. :)

The wife and I drive our 64 almost every weekend. A 6hr drive is not unusual for us at all! We stop along the way for lunch or to see family or friends. I get a kick out of how far the old girl will still go! The same goes with my C5 widebody (although I tend to take the C2). Its honestly like a favorite shirt, if you follow me. During the week if she wants to take either car for a blast I am fine with it! We try to hit all the local cruise nights as much as we can (when I get in early enough from work). I have always said you DRIVE a C2 you RIDE in a C5/6!
GOOD POST! :beer
Have a Happy and Safe New Year Everyone!
Mark.....

Hi, I can only speak for myself, but I bought my 66 in 1970 and have over 250,000 miles on it. Drove it 20 years straight and daily driver and rebuilt it and restored it 2 to 3 times, it is still orginal except for starter, etc, 2 sets of seats and rugs, and all the things you replace when you own a car and not a legend ( it wasn't a legend in 1970) just a used sports car. So you drive that car as much as you can before you die or your son or daughter says, don't wory dad I will not sell your car when you die.

Enjoy the car

Jackfit

We drive our 57, that's what they are for.
We plan to join the road tour to the NCRS National Convention in North Carolina in July. Have driven it on several.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom