Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Custom Gauges installed FINALLY!

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Okay guys, after tons of modifications, countless hours, and much planning I have finally dropped the Pro Comp Ultra Light gauges into the car. This has been an integrated project along with the keyless entry, power door locks, windows, Vintage Air a/c system, and delay wipers. I also finally got the fuel injection harness through the firewall and test mounted the puter.

Here are some pics.

Amazing!! I can't wait to see the spool machine :D. (Inside joke guys). Fantastic job and a great look too against the Black Interior. You got some ejection seats for this rocket too?

........ Nut

Those look just awesome! I love the AutoMeter white faced gauges. Have them installed in a similar way in my '72 Chevy Cheyenne. Its great how they fit with a little nudging in those old gauge faces. Great work!

Chris...any chance yopu can reverse the pic of those gauges so I can see what they'd look like on the RH side of the car? :L

For some reason I had a headache from He** yesterday and am lucky I didn't install the gauges on the wrong side.

I forgot to mention who freaky these things look in the dark. I shut all the lights down in the shop and kicked on the parking lights. On the count that it is a convertible, you can walk around it and look right in to the glowing instument panel. It is really wild.

Plus the alarm system flashes the lights then leaves them on for 30 seconds, or when you turn the key.

Lookin too :cool!
Puter - flux capacitor inside ? ;)

-Guy

Holy Moley..It resembles a Custom Race Car interior;)

Looks Super Chris..

just curious, since none of the gauges look like a clock, what was your fifth gauge selection? BTW, they look really awsome!! :w

panhead said:
just curious, since none of the gauges look like a clock, what was your fifth gauge selection? BTW, they look really awsome!! :w

Great observation. Since I an running a multi port fuel injection system fuel pressure will be pretty high and critical to total performance. I went with a fuel pressure guage where instead of a clock. They sell a clock in the same fashion as thest gauges, but that is just duplication because the stereo has one in it.

The sendor mounts on the fuel rail and only a wire feeds to the dash to keep an eye on the pressure readings.

LOOKS COOL:cool

I'll give you a dollar if you do mine:L :L :L

Craig said:
LOOKS COOL:cool

I'll give you a dollar if you do mine:L :L :L

One dollar, hey don't laugh, that can buy a 20 minute phone call!!!!!:booty

The truth is, you guys don't want to know what that entire instrument cluster, gauges, dash, upper, center, left, right, and center console cost me.

If you are like me, after buying all that stuff a dollar is all you would have left over anyway.

69MyWay said:
One dollar, hey don't laugh, that can buy a 20 minute phone call!

Do you believe the Jack-In-The-Box rip-off of that commercial? Word-for-word! :eyerole

_ken

I think I saw a picture of these a few weeks ago before you put them in the car. They are sweet.

We putting our 72 back together now and I'd really like to put these gauges in, including speedo and tach, although the tach won't be cable driven.

Without writing an essay, anything you can share as far a part #s, cost, where you got em and any special mods you had to do would be appreciated. Thanks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom