Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Custom Headlights

Blookah

Corvette
1994 LT1 Torch Red Coupe
I have an 89 Coupe and I saw a thread which I can't find again where the owner had put halogens under non-popup glass replacing the standard pop-up headlights. Does any one know how this might be done and is it something that requires expert installation or could a semi-decent mechanic do it?
Thanks,
BG

check mid-america or corvette america or ecklers
Ive seen them advertised
or just google corvette headlights and see what happens
Ived rebuilt both my headlites (gears) and it wasn't too bad
only a pita laying on your belly on the front tire and reaching at arms length to do everything

ps - go to the technical and performance section
and look for non-popup headlights post
i think its what you're looking for
ask that guy what he did

I have an 89 Coupe and I saw a thread which I can't find again where the owner had put halogens under non-popup glass replacing the standard pop-up headlights. Does any one know how this might be done and is it something that requires expert installation or could a semi-decent mechanic do it?
Thanks,
BG

BG,

I did a search and found where you posted in a thread in which Hrtbeat1 had posted photos of his '96 with the non-popup headlights so that may be it.

Here's the thread: Click

This is a thread where he discussed them in more detail: Click

Here's a photo:

DSC02304.JPG

Hope this helps.

BTW - when you have time stop by the New Member Introduction Forum and post a thread. This will give more of our members a chance to stop by and say hello.

:wJane Ann

Yes it all came as a kit. Got them from Breathless Performance, you can find them on the web. www.breathlessperformance.com The kit was about $1000 and included everything needed, the headlight housings, the lexan covers, the light bracket, and the lights. The low beams are OEM for a Chevy Truck older type IIRC, the high beams are PIAA sealed halogens. It all came on a nice machined aluminum bracket that just bolts in in place of your original headlight. The nicest thing about them are the adjustment screws, there are two on either side that allow you to fine tune the aiming point of the lights. The kit was really easy to install using the factory hardware for your original light, if you can turn a wrench you can install these.

:w

:pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom