Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlights

stingray76l82

Corvette
1976 L82 4spd # match, 2002 ZO6
I had driver headlight would not come up. I saw the thread for gear replacement and 180 degrees out. I opt to buy new motor and installed the new motor.
1. after installation of said new motor I turned on the light and the driver side stayed down with light on? So I thought it was clocked wrong. Did an Aggie blueprint look at the passenger side. Not the problem. After thinking it through. Found the wiring on the said new motor was wire backwards from the factory. Swapped the 2 wires . Turned on the lights bingo lights pop up cycled lights 8 to 9 times worked perfect.

2. Going to Church this morning I am driving down the road and decided to turn on the lights. Lights go up. So far so good. Turn lights off driver side stays up. I am lost thinking something I might have missed. Any Ideas?

Thanks For any input.
crazy.gif

P.S. Nothing against the Aggies they beat the crap out of S. Carolina Gig "em" Aggies

First off, a WELCOME is in order. You have come to forum where people are very friendly and very knowledgeable...as long as it's not me. ;LOL I will say though, that's strange that the other headlight quits on you. Maybe the gear on it was bad and stripped too? If one side was bad, the other might not be far behind. ;shrug

Hopefully someone here will come along soon and give you some better insight. Again Welcome to CAC.:w

Good diagnostics on the wiring. Curious where you got the motor, GM or aftermarket?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom