Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Daily Drivers

82 and 85 are daily drivers. Only use the Benz and Trooper when absolutely necessary. :cool

Carlo

97 C/1500 extended cab chevy p/u w/ 60k in miles. since i've had my vette (feb) i've put 8k in miles on her. been driving that more since it's been summer! wintertime i don't drive it much.

Drive it like you stole it!

Our 99 is our daily driver. The 84 stays home most of the time. During bad weather our "beater" is a 01 Ram kingcab 4x4. We drive the vette most of the time except for heavy weather, snow and any time that we take our dog anywhere. She sheds like a llama.
--Drew:w

Daily Driver in the summer

I use my vette as a daily drive from May to August after that i drive my BMW 523i -97 (I don´t think the vette like the snow in the north of Sweden). :cool

I use mine year round, by necessity not choice. 40k mi in three years, ouch! The 2001 N.J. winter cost me a new set of rear tires with all the spinning out. Snow driving is not recommended but does make for a very interesting trip.

DAILY DRIVER

I have a 1997 coupe with 70,000 miles. I drive it every day, except when there is snow on the ground. When I go out to the garage, I just can't bring myself to drive anything else. I just don't understand having a Corvette and leaving it in the garage. I don't understand trailers either. I bought my Corvette to drive it. I say that it is your car and you should drive it as much as you want without guilt. Life is short... go fast.

A big part of my fun for the day is driving to and from work. Of course my '85 is garaged at home and at work so I don't have it sitting out in the weather.
It is not at "junker", actually more like one of the family. :) Since I have flex hours I do not spend a lot of time in traffic so it is a rather enjoyable drive. Occasionally someone stubs their toe and the freeway slams to a stop but usually it is a pleasent drive. But if it were not for spending an hour or so a day in the Vette I would probably find a job closer to home. :) I also drive it 12 months out of the year. We rarely have icy roads in Portland and if we do I stay home! No Vettes on ice here please!

A lady on another floor remarked one day, "I just love to see Bob pull up behind me on the freeway in that beautiful Corvette, I know he won't rear end me and damage the beautiful car." That sort of surprised me because I am rarely behind anyone! (Not really but it sounds good!)

Thanks for asking...............

Re: DAILY DRIVER

DRTH VTR said:
I have a 1997 coupe with 70,000 miles. I drive it every day, except when there is snow on the ground. When I go out to the garage, I just can't bring myself to drive anything else. I just don't understand having a Corvette and leaving it in the garage. I don't understand trailers either. I bought my Corvette to drive it. I say that it is your car and you should drive it as much as you want without guilt. Life is short... go fast.

Welcome to CAC :upthumbs

I'm a carpenter ,so I would'nt think of driving my 84 to work! So she sits in the garage and waits for the weekend.:cry So I use my other pride and joy a 2000 f-250 S.D.

I drive my Vette alot but it's not the most useful car a guy can own . In addition to occasional lumber , furniture and other junk I have a small camper and a large dog to haul around . My answer for that is a 93 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon . Didn't cost much and does everything I need in complete comfort for a big guy like me ! Cliff

Not really...

I drive my Camry to work during the week and for any long trips. The Vette gets out on the weekends if I have to work and I also take it out as well during the week, but not to work during the week.

Of course, all this is weather pending here in the great Chicago land.

I drive about 100 miles a day and try to split that among two other cars I have, plus it's over 100 degrees from May to Sept so the Vette stays in the garage most weekdays. I will treat myself on some Fridays and take it, in fact that sounds like a good idea for today. I plan on driving it much more in the fall and winter when I can take the top off.

My 87 had 26k on it when I bougjt it in Feb. 02 and just hit 40k. I bought it for a daily driver but it still breaks my heart to put miles on it. I waited too long to buy a vette and am going to enjoy every minute behind the wheel.

When we moved from San Diego to Houston a few years ago, we learned quickly that for the daily commute you had to have a vehicle that could negotiate streets filled with water. (When the weather person says the city has a 10% chance of rain, what they really mean is about 10% of the city will get wet.) I drive a 2001 F-250 Super Duty to work and keep the corvette for fun on dry weekends.

i've had four vettes-'78,'97,'99 and now a '93 drove them to work every dayand pretty much on all the trips i take when only two seats are needed.Wash and maintain my vehicles myself IF DON"T WANT TO DRIVE IT PUT IT ON THE FRONT LAWN WITH SPOTLIGHTS just my opinion :w

My Daily Driver

Enjoy it while you got it!

Wow, you guys are making me feel guilty for owning a "garage queen".:SLAP But, I have to be honest and admit that that is what the car is. If the car sees the road twice per month, that would be alot. As another member mentioned, I also have 2 young children, so the Vette is rather impractical for Pre-School transportation and grocery getting purposes.

It will only be 2 years this Dec. that I have owned the car, and I had placed 1,500 miles on it the first year. I guess that's not much to most of you guys, but I did not purchase it with the intentions of using it as a daily driver. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I also feel that a Corvette is a rather expensive daily driver - it requires premium gas, synthetic oil, the tires are pretty expensive as well as the typically higher insurance rates on Corvettes.

I suppose how we each enjoy our cars is all personal preference. I enjoy knowing that it's sitting in the garage, unlikely to be hit or damaged by another driver (it's also not picking up stone chips - I hate those). When I do take it out, it's typically to a car show, club event or cruise. I do all of my own detailing on the car and find great relaxtion in doing so. So, here's a vote for all the garage queens out there, I guess.

:gap

I understand where your coming from Ruby, but I didn't buy my Vette to keep it in the garage. I enjoy driving it every chance I get even if it's to work and back. My car gets the a lot of TLC everyday and more on the weekends. Like you, I like to do it all myself.

Ruby,

We all see where you're coming from. You want to keep the miles low and as cosmetically good as possible, etc...

But I personally can't enjoy something if I don't use it. I wouldn't enjoy my guitar if I kept it in the case all day and didn't play it.

I don't drive my car everyday, but I drive it more often than most Vette drivers around here. I guess it depends on where you live as well.

I dont use mine as a daily driver. being in sales im constantly loading stuff in my trunk. The daily driver is a 90 Eldorado that only has 52k on it. It only had 19k on it a yr and half ago so idrive a lot. Also have a 99 Durango to haul the wife and kids around. the vette has only 24k on it. i did put @ 3k on it the past yr though. Yes, its a semi garage Queen but i do it take it once in a while to stretch its legs. Im still wondering about taking the vette to Carlisle with me next Sat. when i do take it out i get a ton of comments on it. :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom