Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Daily Drivers

V

VetpEtte

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering how many vette owners actually use their vette as their daily driver.. or do you have a junker to drive to work? (which i am thinking a lot about doing myself).

Used to drive mine every day until I started this latest project. :eyerole

As a matter-of-fact, it was my only car. ;)

_ken :w

Daily Driver

Mine is a daily driver. Just couldn't stand to leave it in the garage and drive something else!!!
Just wouldn't enjoy the drive!!!!

;)

Daily driver

I used my 84 and 93 as daily drivers in all weathers but I use my Callaway as a second car. In fact the only time I've had no trouble from a car is when it's been used all the time.

As soon as I start using a car occasionally it gets all temparamental!

Malc. www.mm-2000.co.uk/corvette/

If I did not drive so many miles, I would have no problem driving a Vette as a daily driver.

It is 89 miles to my office and 124 miles to the airport I fly out of on business. It is just not practical, the car just requires too much repair and maintenance for my normal use.

My "junker" is an '88 Mercedes 300E with a five speed manual transmission (very rare.) It is extremely reliable and very few repairs are required.

Other than the times when I need a truck, I am in a Benz or the Vette.

Maybe my situation will change some day and I can start daily driving my Vette.

Have a great day,

If it's a nice day . . .

. . . and not real Hot, I'll drive the Vette. I don't like to let her set in the sun on super hot days, she gets really Hot !

If I'm not driving the Vette, then it's the beater, a 1999 Dodge Durango.

I have 2 beaters..

94 BMW 325i with 60k miles & 99 Explorer with 90k miles. My wife's work car is a 2001 Honda CRV with 80k miles. Yeah - we drive a lot:D. The 82 will never see a commute to work because the Boston drivers are :crazy & this is for some of them this morning :booty. :Twist - na, na ya missed me:D.

:w
Guy

My '96 Vette LT4 is a daily driver. I waited too long to get my Vette to just leave it in the garage all day. It makes the drive to work so much more enjoyable. Some days I get the urge to keep driving and forget work altogether. People just don't understand....No other car is like driving a Vette.

I drive mine fairly regular except on extremely hot days or downpours. I have tried to explain to my wife the joy of driving a vette, aside from the waves and compliments its t-tops off, radio shouting some tunes, love the feel of the air, the rumble of the engine and the power under my foot. The blue beauty takes 30 years off my age for a little while. I think i'll leave work now and go for a ride, what excuse will I tell the boss?:confused

The vette is not a daily for me. The wife drives her 95 Nissan Pathfinder and I drive a 97 F-150. Though I would get better mileage in the vette ;) I will only drive it occassionally on really nice days and weekends when I can enjoy the drive more. Only taking it out on weekends let's me appreciate the drive more.

Besides, I spent so much time polishing the car and it's been raining so much I'd cry if she got wet. :cry

We drive our Vette everyday...in fact it's our only car since the middle of June when our Volvo was totaled in an accident. We do have new car on order, due in October. We’re getting a Mini Cooper handles like the Vette, but without the horsepower.
Tom

Mine used to be... bought my LT4 in December 2001 with 28k miles, now it has 37k.... about 2 months ago I got a deal on a 1990 honda civic with 166k miles, it worked out to be too much cheaper to drive the honda... It is taken to work about 4 days a week... I can usually find one day that is nice enough to take my Vette out!

BTW, all my previous Vettes were daily drivers :)

I take the vette maybe once a week,But most of the time it's a 99 century. It's over a hundred miles round trip to work and would rather not put those miles on my toy for commuting. I never know when I can afford to get another one.
milage
84 vette- 76000

99 century-103000

98 pathfinder-78000

My round trip to work is 34 miles. I enjoy the drive like I said earlier. My speedo now shows 60k.

I agree with Hondo. My family has been a Chevy dealer since 1926 and I have always loved vettes. I don't work at the dealership, so I've waited too long for one of my own to let it sit in the garage. I drive it everyday - I sold my Tahoe for the vette, my wife drives a Trailblazer EXT (great vehicle!!) and the teenagers have their own wheels, so it doesn't cause too much of a problem. I must admit that the afternoon showers and humidity of South Louisiana make keeping it clean a task - notice I didn't say a "chore" - I love keeping it clean. I usually do something every evening - even if it is only to clean the glass, shake out the floor mat. It gets washed probably 2-3 times a week with a good work over EVERY weekend! I start off almost every morning with it in near show condition. Isnt't that what corvette pride is all about?

only car i own...

my 96 is definitely my daily driver....

but wait! you say geof - you are not allowed to leave, much less drive your Corvette everyday:(

i know i know.... i guess this is just a price i haveta pay...

I also wash my Vette 2 or 3 times a week(just with water). Every morning I use the California Duster to wipe the dust off and go over the entire car with Meguiar's Quik Detailer. On the weekends I repeat the daily procedure, but I also wipe down the engine and use Armour-all on all the rubber and plastic parts under the hood. The tires and the wheel wells also get the same treatment. I am always getting long looks and waves and the question asked most is, "What year is your Corvette, it's looks new"?

Hondo, sounds like we treat our cars the same. I too use the Meguiars Qwik Detailer - the thing I do probably everyday is wipe down the wheels and apply a fresh wipe of tire shine - I use the Formula 2001 brand and the sponge applicator. In my opinion, dirty wheels and tires ruin the look. Non-vette enthusiast think that the car is brand new also.

My 88

Is a DAILY DRIVER!

Vig!

Mine would be my daily driver, except for two small reasons... Diana and Ryan, my kids. I have to take them to school/daycare in the AM, and have to go back home (~12 miles) from daycare to pick the car up, which makes me late for work sometimes. Then sometimes I have to do afternoon pickup and would have to go home first for the "normal" car - a 96 Outback (124k miles, all mine). Even so, I've managed to put 2500 miles on the car since January, which is more than the previous owner drove it in over two years...
[RICHR]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom