Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dang it

baxsom

Corvette
72 454 convertible, 2000 C5 Z51
long story short, pothole hidden by water puddle plus wet road equals busted fender. I can get a new one relatively cheap and have it painted or try to hold out for a used black one to swap right in. Any idea on the estimated cost to replace paint a fender?

Yeah I know, pictures but honestly, unless you get right up on it you cant even tell. It took 20 mins with a pressure washer cleaning off all of the mud to figure out that there was even a crack in the fender. Of course once I took the fender off I found a few more but man I wish I would have been there on the outside watching because from all of the mud all over the car I bet it was a sight to behold.

Ouch! Let me know where that pothole is so I can avoid it...! :eek

Is the fender too damaged to be repaired...?

it is on North US 1 between the 404 and Viera I just got to FL and havent changed my profile yet.

right hand lane, I went back today to look for it and if it is where I think it is, the hole is a lot smaller than I figured it would be. I guess that is what happens when tires start floating on water.

Fender is done. Bottom part is shattered. All of the plastic in the wheel well is shattered. I am just glad the rocker panel came out ok. Not a scratch on it.

Sorry for your mishap, It'll be fixed. Now let's hear from Lads who promote lowering these cars. Makes them just about useless as your pot hole demonstrated.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom