Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Danica Patrick looks forward to the next step in her career: NASCAR

Here you go!
danica-patrick-6288.jpg

Ya know, she's so freakin' smokin' hot....you think they could put her in a car with a better looking paint scheme.
Sheesh.

Her smokin' hotness, aside, I really hope she does better in NASCAR now that she won't have the distraction of trying to do IRL, as well.

Another thing I hope is that she becomes accepted as an above-average driver in NWS or Cup and not just a hot chick who is also the best "female driver" in the sport.

It will be interesting to watch her in 2012.

She will be welcomed in NASCAR. She brings a lot of notoriety and a lot of Parson's Go Daddy cash. Had she not bought the ride, I doubt if anyone would have put together a team for her, not when teams are folding. Junior used to run 2 or 3 cars using Hendrick's developmental drivers like Landon Cassill. Then the sponsorships dried up.

It'll be really interesting to see if she can better her mid pack performance Indy car performance in the stock cars. She sure landed in the right place, Hendrick cars - via JR.

I can't believe our Government would block that image Tuna!:eyerole

What can I say - The Feds have a strange idea about what is appropriate to view at the office. ;)

I can't tell from this thread...

Is Danica's next career a NASCAR Driver or a Bikini Model???

Bud

She will be welcomed in NASCAR. She brings a lot of notoriety and a lot of Parson's Go Daddy cash. Had she not bought the ride, I doubt if anyone would have put together a team for her, not when teams are folding. Junior used to run 2 or 3 cars using Hendrick's developmental drivers like Landon Cassill. Then the sponsorships dried up.

It'll be really interesting to see if she can better her mid pack performance Indy car performance in the stock cars. She sure landed in the right place, Hendrick cars - via JR.

What "notoriety" does Patrick bring to NASCAR? Can you be specific as to how she is notorious? Is part of it that, in her very short NWS career she's already had the highest finish of any woman who's run any of NASCAR's three top series?

While it may be true that Earnhardt Jr. selected her partially on the basis of how much sponsorship money she could bring to Jr. Racing; how is that different than any of the other instances of a NASCAR team (Camping World Truck, NWS or Cup) selecting a driver based solely or in-part upon what sponsorship that driver brings to the table? It's important to note, when discussing this "buying a ride" think that Patrick, also, owns part of the #7 Team.

As for the belief that, in the absence of sponsorship, no one would have put together a team for Patrick...what are you nuts?....or maybe you don't understand the business of racing.

With the sensation she created and the exposure she got for IRL and the teams she ran for in that series, I'll bet more that one NASCAR team would have jumped at the chance to have her drive for them. Had she not had sponsorship, said team, with her commitment in hand, would have had a lot of leverage to use in finding a sponsor.

No doubt the belief that Patrick lacks talent drive some of this discussion.

Her record in six years of IRL:
Most successful woman in open-wheel racing by far
Only woman to ever win an IRL event
Highest finish by a female at Indy.
IRL record for most consecutive running finishes, man or woman...50 vs a closest second of 32

Admittedly, she's no Castroneves, Franchitti or (RIP) Weldon, but she's got more talent and had more success than the majority of active IRL drivers and, that consecutive running finishes says something about her consistency.

It will be interesting to see how not having the distraction of IRL racing will affect her continuing transition to closed-wheel race cars.

[h=1]This is the context of my reference

notoriety[/h]
  • Chiefly Brit. a prominent or well-known person

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom