Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: dash cam audio only works in car.

Lowell

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport Coupe
Hi,
I tried searching for previous posts on this issue I'm having but no luck. My dash cam in my 2017 C7 works fine and if I play back the recording in the car I get both video and audio. However, if I pull the SD card, take it in the house and plug it into my Macbook Pro and playback the mp4 file in QuickTime, I only get video. No audio. I have checked my Mac's audio output and it works fine. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Lowell.

Hi,
I tried searching for previous posts on this issue I'm having but no luck. My dash cam in my 2017 C7 works fine and if I play back the recording in the car I get both video and audio. However, if I pull the SD card, take it in the house and plug it into my Macbook Pro and playback the mp4 file in QuickTime, I only get video. No audio. I have checked my Mac's audio output and it works fine. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Lowell.

Does it make a difference in what mode you're recording in, i.e., track, touring etc? Do all modes have audio? I thought I'd read somewhere that the audio was disabled in the valet mode because it was illegal to record the audio in 15 states while in the valet mode. Have you asked your dealer and what did they say?

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. I was discussing it with a friend who suggested trying some other media player instead of Quicktime. Turns out it works for Elmedia and over on a Windows OS it works in Windows Media Player. So evidence suggests that my install of Quicktime does not contain the correct codec to play back the sound. I used my Wondershare app to convert it from mp4 to m4v with ACC for the audio and it will play just fine in Quicktime. So problem solved. There might be a codec out there I can install for Quicktime that will allow it to play without having to do the conversion but I haven't found it yet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom