Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Dash Lights not working

Johnny605

Corvette
1982 corvette collector edition
Just became a new owner of an 1982 Collector Edition and started trouble shooting some of the problems. First, the dash lights and side lights are not working. The gauges and the head lights and tail lights are working. I do not a manual show the fuse box to determine if a fuse is not working. Could the light switch be the problem. I don't want to start throwing money at a problem. Any ideas where to start.:eyerole

Welcome to the C3 Corvette addiction, er, hobby.
Listen, you do need to purchase a shop manual and also suggest buying an assembly manual while you are at it - it will save you so much money. Don't be afraid of working on your classic car! Regarding this exact issue, I've not personally experienced it but it does sound likes fuse. So, Google the fuse schematic for an '82, print it off and check the appropriate fuse. If that doesn't locate the issue, there is a good chance that you're right - but, from what I've seen of the C3 light switch replacement video on YouTube - as well as the moderate cost of the switch (re-use the actual shaft) - I don't get the sense that it is that painful and it appears to be a satisfying DIY repair. But, dude, you had better get a manual. I found mine used on eBay for under $50 bucks. It has saved me at least hundred$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Congratulations on the Vette, And :welcome

I agree with lakeside, that purchasing a shop manual and assembly manual are a good investment. I bought them as a PDF file on CD's, and having them loaded onto my tablet, plus the are searchable making things easy to find.

I also agree that it could be a fuse causing your dash lights not to work. (Although I am assuming that you have already tried rotating knob for the headlight switch as it acts as a dimmer for them)

As for your side lights, Which ones don't work? Front? The front ones do operate a little odd (or at least not the way I would have thought). So stick your turn signals on and see what happens.

Welcome to CAC!!!!
Enjoy!!!

Also buy an owners manual, as well as an Assembly Instruction Manual
Both these and the fsm will have everything you need to repair your vette!!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom