Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DASH LIGHTS

shulamite

Corvette
02 A4 Roadster
How does a person, change burned out instrument cluster lights? Are these light bulbs? and does the dash need to be removed, or can it be done by reaching around and up? check engine light and seat belt light.

Could you be more specific about what light(s) are burnt out? The reason I ask is the instrument cluster with the tach, speedo, oil pressure etc it not light with back lighting. It actually 'glows' from the front with 2 black lights (one on each side). If those are not working I'm not sure if those are something you can replace just the lights. If its the side pods with the HUD controls or the other side with the fuel, trip settings they do have small bulbs behind them than can be replaced.
(There is one back on the speedo that lights up the MPH)

This link might help you out also.
http://www.spdkilz.com/techtipleddic.html

Its a walk through on how to change your dash lights to LED lights. But there are some very good pictures of the instrument cluster.

Not that I'm doing this any time soon......but this is why this place is amazing :)

Good job there c5y2k :)

check engine light and seat belt light

Could you be more specific about what light(s) are burnt out? The reason I ask is the instrument cluster with the tach, speedo, oil pressure etc it not light with back lighting. It actually 'glows' from the front with 2 black lights (one on each side). If those are not working I'm not sure if those are something you can replace just the lights. If its the side pods with the HUD controls or the other side with the fuel, trip settings they do have small bulbs behind them than can be replaced.
(There is one back on the speedo that lights up the MPH)

This link might help you out also.
http://www.spdkilz.com/techtipleddic.html

Its a walk through on how to change your dash lights to LED lights. But there are some very good pictures of the instrument cluster.
check engine light and seat belt light

Did some more research and yes you can replace those lights. You will have to take the instrument cluster apart to get at them though. I have never had to replace those lights so I dont know how hard it is to get at them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom