Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Day of infamy

Z

ZR100060

I made the mistake today of taking my 91 ZR1 to a Chevrolet dealer for routine service. In casual conservation with a salesman he happened to mention the fact they had just repo'ed a 2001 Z06 and it had only 3300 miles. In an equally casual attempt at humoring him I said I had never driven a Z06.

Two hours and a large check later I now own the Z06. It is the exact color and interior combination as the late ZR1 so I thought my loving wife would not notice the difference, being parked in the same spot in the garage and all. Unfortunately, while driving sheepishly home, taking side roads and detours, the dealership called my home indicating I had left some personal property @ the dealership and they would hold it for me.

The next few scenes aren't pretty. To add insult to injury, while I was away at the dealership my 11 year old Belgian Shepard decided to take a "dump' on my wife's new Berber carpeting.

AS luck would have it the Z06 has a sleepable trunk so "walter" and I will sleep crowded but well.

Mea copa, mea copa

ROFLMAO! :L :L I am so sorry for laughing. LOL.....but this is a funny story. I'm sorry you sold your ZR-1 and that your new home is a Z06. Actually, if you really think about it....what better home to have! :D :D

Enjoy the Z06. There are always low mileage ZR-1s coming out of the woods. If you gradually find that you're not happy with the Z06 because you miss that unique LT5 engine sound as it climbs through the RPM band....the beauty of the LT5 engine when the hood is popped open, and not to mention that awesome kick in the seat you feel at around 2,800 RPM when those secondary port throttle valves pop open.....you'll always be able to sell the Z06 and find a good ZR-1 again. ;) ;)

Sorry....I couldn't resist.....from a fellow ZR-1 owner. ;)

Congratulations ! My dog took a dump on the carpet too but all I got was a pile of crap !

DkBG said:
Congratulations ! My dog took a dump on the carpet too but all I got was a pile of crap !
:bang :SLAP LOL :)

ZR100060,

It's been almost a month now... any updates? Move the computer to the garage... inquiring minds want to know. :D

BudD
:w

See, at least you have the sense to trade in one for the other. My hubby and me both share the problem of continuing to collect more and more cars! Actually I think I am worse than he is!! Hope all works out well! :)

chevyaddict said:
See, at least you have the sense to trade in one for the other. My hubby and me both share the problem of continuing to collect more and more cars! Actually I think I am worse than he is!! Hope all works out well! :)

I don't see that as being a problem at all. LOL :L One cannot have too many sets of wheels (especially Corvettes!) :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom