Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dead Battery Question ??

Corvette-Pilot

Corvette
1994 Black Rose Coupe
I was excited to get home yesturday with the good weather and pull out my baby for the first time.

DEAD Battery :mad

I just bought it in October, new Exide.
I pulled the neg cable, car stored in my garage, non-heated but stayed 35F or higher, never tried to start it.

Should it have gone so dead I didn't even have dome lights?
How long did your battery last ?

I knoiw next winter I will get one of those trickle chargers.

If you pulled the neg cable, I don't think that bat should have gone dead if it was new in Oct. I have had bat that are a few years old sit that long w/out pulling the cable and had no probs. Guy

I can say one thing Exide SUCKS !
I wont go into the first ordeal I had with them but if this a second bad one in a row.............

Dead Batteries

Batteries don't like to just sit, get the charger. I left glove box open for a few days and mine died. Also they do not like being drained when the temp is low. This seems to push one over the edge. I have installed three in the past 12 months. (The last two at least did not cost me).

If you are going to leave the car over the winter remove the battery. Mine froze because of the parasitic drain on these cars with our very cold winter here. The act of removing the body panel to slide the battery out is much easier than it sounds.
RJS:w

Battery Tender Plus, low amp charger that goes into "safe" zone when battery is fully charged; therefore will not "cook" the battery. I hooked mine up in December, started my car this past Sunday with no problem! Same weather here as in MA. Best $59 I spent...

Exide is one of the lower quality batteries on the market (I know, they look cool). Go with a Delco or Optima, and the trickle charger. You'll have a lot better luck.

Leaky...Leaky....electrical....somewhere......find out where and repair......draining bad if that has happened to you all.....
tony

If you pulled the neg cable then the only place a drain on the battery can come from is INSIDE the battery. While there is always a very small amount of "leakage" current, it should not have gone dead in that amount of time.

Bill

Was this battery stored in sub zero conditions? If it was most likely it froze and now dead...

Try trickle charging it and if that doesn't work start shopping

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom