Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

05 C6 dead battery

RhinoC6

Corvette
2005 mach. sil. coupe 6sp
Hi. My name is Rick and I have never posted to anything before so here goes. I have an 05 C6 6sp coupe with 23K mi. Always kept a battery tender on during winter storage. Bought new bigger battery 1 mo. ago. 770 cold cr. amps. Charged battery before install. New batteries in both fobs. After sitting in my garage for 6 days I found the car completely dead --the underhood light would not even glow. Charged the battery for 2 hr. enough to start and went to the dealer. Their tech who does all their vette work checked the car for 2 hours. I've been a customer for many years so they let me stand in the shop and watch etc. Battery and charging system checked ok. With battery isolated meter read a constant draw of 28.8-29.1 ma. GM says anything under 20 is ok. the tech pulled every fuse and relay in the car while I watched the meter and there were no changes. I may have shut the car down BEFORE I put it in reverse and pulled the hand brake which is a no-no on 05s. Otherwise much head scratching and shoulder shrugging among the short conference of all the techs. They want to keep the car overnight sometime and set their instrument to "snapshot" any electrical abnormalities. Ok, whatever--at least they didn't charge me because they didn't do anything. Anybody got any ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated. By the way this car is stock with the CAGS disabled by a plug in the fuse box installed by the former owner (looks like a fuse).
Thanks.

HI there,

The first thing I would do is check and confirm all your control modules have the latest calibrations.

PCM, RCDLR, BCM are the big ones that may create a draw without shutting down completely.

Then recheck your draw.

Allthebest, c4c5

Thanks c4c5

I am going to call for an appointment right now to get those things checked out.
thanks again,
Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom