Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Dead Battery?

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

junkyardjohn

Corvette
2010 grand sport covert. blue
In the event of a dead battery do the doors to get into the grand sport convertible open electricaly or is the door handle mechanical? If electrical how do you get in to pop the hood?

Use a Buck knife! Naw, just kidding! (That was an answer I got from a suspected car thief in the "interview room, once.)

To get into the locked vehicle when you have a dead battery~

1. Utilize your key hidden in your FOB to unlock the trunk lid. (Keylock is just above the license plate.)
2. Pull the cable release to the driver's door. (Should be on the left side wall.) There's also a fuel door release too.
3. Once the door is open, just pull the hood release down by your left foot well.

Now, if you've locked your FOB in the car and you can't get your other FOB, here's what you do~

Call AAA and have them send a towtruck. They can open your door with a "special tool" (no, it's not a slimjim.)
They will inflate an air bladder between the roofline and the passenger window about 3/8ths inch. They can then slide a looped cable to the mechanical lever on the floor. Pull it up and you're in!

Hope it's ok what I just typed...:D

Norty is correct.It's really not a difficult process .Ya might want to just try it at your leisure rather than when ya have to .:)

Out standing.

THANK YOU GUYS KINDLY. It beats the rock through the window idea I got from a former car thief.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom