Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Decided on CCW SP500 Wheels

C598LS1

Corvette
1998 Sebring Silver C5 Coupe MN6
Ok so i know alot of guys run these on their C5's. I have to say that aside from some of the HRE wheels i've seen, these are prob the best looking wheels for the C5, and i think i'm going to go with them. My questions are the following:

- what sizes can i go with for my 98? whats the biggest/widest wheel combo that would look awesome on this car? (up front and back)

- what size tires should i run and what brand?

- what do most people who have these rims have as far as tire/wheel sizes?

thanks for your help!!! :upthumbs

Anyone?

Hi. I would suggest Firestone Wide Ovals from Tire Rack and the size I run are the Z06 size front : 265-40-17 Rear: 295-35-18 However make sue you get the right width rims for these tires youy should be ok
Dr C5 Corvette

Hi. I would suggest Firestone Wide Ovals from Tire Rack and the size I run are the Z06 size front : 265-40-17 Rear: 295-35-18 However make sue you get the right width rims for these tires youy should be ok
Dr C5 Corvette

Thanks for the the reply. But arent people here running wider tires with bigger wheels out there on these cars? say 18's on the front and 19's in the rear with 335's out back or something along those lines? just curious....

I believe there is some experience with bigger rubber. I don't have any knowledge myself, but someone will come along soon.

I dont think you are going to get 335s on the back with out tubbing. The widest rears I have seen on the back w/o tubing is 315s and they still stuck out in my book. For the back I would go with a 19x11 with a 305/35. For the front I would do a 18x10 with a 275/40.

But the best advise I can give you is to call CCW and talk to them. They know what fits on the C5 in the correct off set and can sell you the tires to go with your new wheels to boot.

I dont think you are going to get 335s on the back with out tubbing. The widest rears I have seen on the back w/o tubing is 315s and they still stuck out in my book. For the back I would go with a 19x11 with a 305/35. For the front I would do a 18x10 with a 275/40.

But the best advise I can give you is to call CCW and talk to them. They know what fits on the C5 in the correct off set and can sell you the tires to go with your new wheels to boot.

Thanks :upthumbs :beer That helped out big. Gives me an idea of what to talk to them about and ask them about. I want wide rear/front tires on it (as compared to stock) without tubbing.

I really like the same wheels, but cant seem to find them in 17 & 18s. Are they made in 17s. New tires, dont want to buy new ones.

Chip, at CCW, is very knowledgeable on the tire sizes for their wheels. I just ordered the 505A's: 18x10 fronts and 19x11.5 rears. Chip suggested 275/35x18 up front and 305/30x19 for the rears. My wheels are in transit so I haven't had the chance to see what they're going to look like. I ordered the Michelin PS2's. They are a phenomenol tire compared to the OEM Good Year F1 Supercars. I have PS2's on my car now.

Ok so i know alot of guys run these on their C5's. I have to say that aside from some of the HRE wheels i've seen, these are prob the best looking wheels for the C5, and i think i'm going to go with them. My questions are the following:

- what sizes can i go with for my 98? whats the biggest/widest wheel combo that would look awesome on this car? (up front and back)

- what size tires should i run and what brand?

- what do most people who have these rims have as far as tire/wheel sizes?

thanks for your help!!! :upthumbs

Howdy,

Have you already ordered your wheels? If not, I ordered the 505A'a from CCW. Speak with Chip at CCW, he's very knowledgeable when it comes to suggesting tire sizes for your car. I'm pretty sure the wheelwell area of your car is exactly the same size as mine. I went with 18x10 (front) and 19x11.5 (rear) Chip suggested tire sizes of 275/35x18 (front) and 305/30x19 (rear) I went with the Michelin PS2 tires. I haven't received the wheels yet as they're still in transit. The tires are on order also. I have PS2's on my car now, OEM sizes, and I would recommend these tires over the stock Good Year F1 Supercar. When you order your wheels ask Chip about replacing your air sensor. Also, my tires are not run-flats.

Howdy,

Have you already ordered your wheels? If not, I ordered the 505A'a from CCW. Speak with Chip at CCW, he's very knowledgeable when it comes to suggesting tire sizes for your car. I'm pretty sure the wheelwell area of your car is exactly the same size as mine. I went with 18x10 (front) and 19x11.5 (rear) Chip suggested tire sizes of 275/35x18 (front) and 305/30x19 (rear) I went with the Michelin PS2 tires. I haven't received the wheels yet as they're still in transit. The tires are on order also. I have PS2's on my car now, OEM sizes, and I would recommend these tires over the stock Good Year F1 Supercar. When you order your wheels ask Chip about replacing your air sensor. Also, my tires are not run-flats.
Have you heard of Falken FK 451 tires by Dunlap. I'm thinking about buying a tire and wheel set from a dealer on Ebay who says they are rated #1 by Consumer Reports. The wheels and rims will cost $ 1,224.00 which includes shipping.

Have you heard of Falken FK 451 tires by Dunlap. I'm thinking about buying a tire and wheel set from a dealer on Ebay who says they are rated #1 by Consumer Reports. The wheels and rims will cost $ 1,224.00 which includes shipping.

As far as I know, Dunlop tires are not connected with Falken. The parent company for Falken is Ohtsu rubber company.

I've had a couple of sets of the Falkens on my wife's car. I don't know their rep as a "high performance", Corvette type of tire, but as a "sporty" tire for a Lincoln LS, I'm pleased with them.

A lot of C5 guys that go with 18s up front and 19s out back just end up picking the C6 tire sizes, since they have a good variety of choices.

So they go with 285-35-19s out back and 245-40-18s up front.

I went with the CCW 505a's: 18x10 and 19x11.5 with PS2's: 275/35x18 and 305/30x19

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom