Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Delco to replace Bose in 90 Convertible

B

billv

I know this has been asked over and over, but I can't find much in a search. Can I replace the Bose with a Delco out of a 2000 truck? Since the head unit and receiver part are separate, will I need an extension harness? I know I will have to remove the old amps, but can I use the stock wiring easily? Also, what size speakers will replace the Bose units, and are adapters needed?
Thanks for your patience.

tls630

Corvette
69 roadster 88roadster
Billy
That is a good question. I can't wait to see some answer's on this. And can you use the same grille's? TLS

B

billv

I checked with crutchfield, and major modifications to the dash are required, (cutting braces etc.) for an aftermarket unit due to limited depth. They have a harness for power and ground, but you can't use the speaker wiring. I think you can adapt an aftermarket head unit to the Bose amps, but not vice-versa. Adapter plates must be made to use the speaker cutouts.

geogolf

Corvette
1990 L98 coupe green
stereo

billy the brace you have to cut is not a big prob. i did mine in my 90 coupe you do have to do some modifying unless you go with a double din unit. this is what i did with a peice of mirror also if you dont need the extra room just buy a premade box with speakers in it. it is not as easy job as crutchfield says it is good luck send me your email for pics

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom