Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Delco to replace Bose in 90 Convertible

B

billv

I know this has been asked over and over, but I can't find much in a search. Can I replace the Bose with a Delco out of a 2000 truck? Since the head unit and receiver part are separate, will I need an extension harness? I know I will have to remove the old amps, but can I use the stock wiring easily? Also, what size speakers will replace the Bose units, and are adapters needed?
Thanks for your patience.

Billy
That is a good question. I can't wait to see some answer's on this. And can you use the same grille's? TLS

I checked with crutchfield, and major modifications to the dash are required, (cutting braces etc.) for an aftermarket unit due to limited depth. They have a harness for power and ground, but you can't use the speaker wiring. I think you can adapt an aftermarket head unit to the Bose amps, but not vice-versa. Adapter plates must be made to use the speaker cutouts.

stereo

billy the brace you have to cut is not a big prob. i did mine in my 90 coupe you do have to do some modifying unless you go with a double din unit. this is what i did with a peice of mirror also if you dont need the extra room just buy a premade box with speakers in it. it is not as easy job as crutchfield says it is good luck send me your email for pics

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom