Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Derebery Performance

silver00v6camaro

Has anyone used Derebery Performance they have a vortec head kit that looks pretty good here is the description
New Vortec, Hydraulic Roller, Heads, Cam and Intake Kit
$1,499.00
New hand worked Vortec Cylinder Heads with swirl polished valves. 2.02” Intake and 1.60” exhaust. This kit comes with your choice of aluminum dual plane air gap or non air gap intake manifolds. We have 2 cams for this kit. For torque applications we have a custom grind “RV” cam that makes 360HP and 430 Ft. Lbs on our 9.0:1 short block. Also available is our “400 HP” cam, Dur. 218/228 Lift. .502/.502. The kit also comes with everything you need to convert to a hydraulic roller set up, including lifters, pushrods, crab plates and lifter retainer plates. To top this kit off we include new 1.6 rocker arms, vortec valve covers with bolts, ARP head bolts, and all the necessary gaskets.
I emailed them and they replyed saying The only difference will be that you will have to use a tie bar type lifter and different length pushrod. If you used a crane lifter and pushrod the price goes up around $500. Is that all that is needed to convert to a hydrollic roller. This is the same company that makes the motors for year one so if anyone has any input let me know thanks

silver00v6camaro said:
Has anyone used Derebery Performance they have a vortec head kit that looks pretty good here is the description
New Vortec, Hydraulic Roller, Heads, Cam and Intake Kit
$1,499.00
New hand worked Vortec Cylinder Heads with swirl polished valves. 2.02” Intake and 1.60” exhaust. This kit comes with your choice of aluminum dual plane air gap or non air gap intake manifolds. We have 2 cams for this kit. For torque applications we have a custom grind “RV” cam that makes 360HP and 430 Ft. Lbs on our 9.0:1 short block. Also available is our “400 HP” cam, Dur. 218/228 Lift. .502/.502. The kit also comes with everything you need to convert to a hydraulic roller set up, including lifters, pushrods, crab plates and lifter retainer plates. To top this kit off we include new 1.6 rocker arms, vortec valve covers with bolts, ARP head bolts, and all the necessary gaskets.
I emailed them and they replyed saying The only difference will be that you will have to use a tie bar type lifter and different length pushrod. If you used a crane lifter and pushrod the price goes up around $500. Is that all that is needed to convert to a hydrollic roller. This is the same company that makes the motors for year one so if anyone has any input let me know thanks
Are you talking about Derebery Performance Marine out of Pottsboro, Texas? If so, they specialize in marine applications. I have never had any personal dealings with them, but I know a couple of guys that have had motors built by them for their boats, and they are exceptional at that. I know the owner, Leon Derebery, used to be into drag racing also. They are located about 10 miles from me on Lake Texoma.

yeah thats them they are also automotive application to that is what the head package is under their automotive part of their website.

Can you provide a link to their Automotive section. I looked around their web site and could not find it.
Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom